Map Labels

Doubt this will get a quick response, but if you're not planning on developing the mod any further, could you pass the code onto someone else or the public? Love to see this be taken further.

After playing a while, I am getting this error:

[2422.484] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Max Mustermann\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Map Labels (v 6)\UI/MapLabels.lua:156: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'LastYearBattleChecked' (a nil value)

Hi all, I'm trying to create a custom dynamic list but I'm a bit confused about some of the sql elements.

Should I be updating the existing 'ML_TABLES' sql file or should I be creating a new one?

Also, if I am updating the existing file, does it matter where I put them? (i.e. can I put them all at the end or do I need to put them at specific points throughout the file?)

The edits I mean are these:

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS ML_Labels_Dynamic (ID INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT, Name TEXT, MainType TEXT default "FEATURE", SubType TEXT, CultureType TEXT);

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS ML_CultureEras (ID INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT, Type TEXT, Description TEXT);

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS ML_CultureGroups (ID INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT, Type TEXT, Description TEXT);

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS ML_Cultures (ID INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT, Type TEXT, 'Group' TEXT, Description TEXT, SuggestedCivs TEXT);
INSERT INTO ML_Cultures (Type, 'Group', Description, SuggestedCivs)
SELECT 'CUSTOM', 'CULTURE_GROUP_AMERICAN', 'TXT_KEY_ML_CULTURE_CUSTOM' , 'TXT_KEY_ML_CULTURE_CUSTOM_SUGGESTEDCIVS' ;

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS ML_CivCultures (ID INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT, CivType TEXT, CultureType TEXT, CultureEra TEXT DEFAULT 'ANY');
INSERT INTO ML_CivCultures(CivType, CultureType, CultureEra)
SELECT 'CIVILIZATION_CUSTOM', 'CUSTOM', 'ANY' ;

*edit: Just thought I should add that I am able to select my custome culture in game, but no labels are generated so I guess I need to find a way to link the custom entry in the 'ML_TABLES' file to the custom xml file that I have created.

This has been crashing my game of late. I'd like to see this idea picked up again though.

This mod keeps showing the names it generated for some places, although it should be hidden. Need to open the Labels Window and set it on hidden many times, that is annoying. I just want to label some areas, so I deinstalled it and took the Map Pins Mod.

Does this still work with all latest updates and mods? I wouldn't dare to try it. Somebody, appreciate feedback on this :)

This seems a bit abandoned, is this mod safe to use? I see 1 or 2 people having problems with crashing or that turns/saving takes longer. I love the idea but would hate to have to throw away a game halfway through because of it. Does it affect save games? Could I disable it and keep playing if theres a problem?

Well this really sucks then. I thought it sounded amazing. But since no one has done anything about it since OP abandoned it I guess I will just add my voice to all the other posts: I hope someone fixes it, real shame its broken.

Top Bottom