Easiest and Hardest Civs to play on Earth, 18 Civs?

I like this scenario very much and I have played it with various civilizations. I usually play on monarch level standard speed. Only civilization, where I had problems on monarch level was Inca. As Inca I was only able to win on prince level so far.

Many players say playig Roosevelt on this Map is hard. I think he is one of the easiest leaders to play, however he requires different style than leaders in Europe.

If you killl Monty with warior rush, whole North America and big part of South America is yours. Roosevelt has excelent trait synergy to utilize this big land. He can expand easily without necessity to build strong army and during the expansion, he cen build early wonders.

Thanks to cheap forges, factories and big land, Roosevelt can easily create incredible production capacity, which can be utilized for peaceful space race or overwhelming invasion to the old world.

When I was playing Roosevelt I built the great lighthouse, pyramids, many coastal cities and researched astronomy many turns befor rivals. After while, I left them far behind in technology and production. The old world was very busy with constant warfare, so at start of invasion with my early infantery enemies didn't even have rifles.

for most Civs you have to increase your difficult level by 1 or 2 on Earth18.
Or at least give the AI it's archers to prevent the warrior rush (especially in Europe).

Unless of course you like a little romp now and then, nothing against that.
With the AI starting with warriors and if you exploit that, you can have 500bpt and more in 0AD when you start in Europe on immortal level.

It seems unrealistic that America (I always change then name to the US) generally is not a prominent civ because it is so weak at the start vs. Montezuma. I address this by "sealing off the southern border". The strategy is to move the first settler immediately to the mountain half way between the Gulf and Baja and found the capital there (as close to the Aztec capital as possible). Then build the Great Wall, don't sign Open Borders, build walls, barracks and archers.

The key to winning for me is to colonize South America regardless of the civ. This of course is easiest for the Western Hemisphere civs but they don't take advantage of proximity. England has the best shot at South America in the Old World and can block other civs by not having Open Borders. Privateers are very useful also. For Spain, it is essential to move the Capital away from its assigned spot to the a square on the Atlantic Ocean - so it becomes more like playing Portugal to colonize Brazil - and then quickly founding cities in North Africa.

I almost always move the site of the capital. For Egypt I usually move to Turkey which is rich in hammers and limits expansion of Greece and the Middle Eastern civs.

Top Bottom