Mouse's TODO List

I have been watching "Giants of the Ice Age" which tries to explain the extinction of the mega fauna. I did not realise that the horse evolved in North America and migrated throughout Asia and Europe then on to Africa where it became the Zebra.

Very unlikely, (they are of Euro-Asian origin) - probably a biased producers take on things. Otherwise there would have been a similar animal (maybe not a horse - but similar) surviving pre-colombian.

The majority of opinion is the reverse - people/animals etc migrated from Asia into the America's. Until it was cut of.

The horse though does include zebra's and the ass (one of the ass's, being the producer of that program). :lol:

Very unlikely, (they are of Euro-Asian origin) - probably a biased producers take on things. Otherwise there would have been a similar animal (maybe not a horse - but similar) surviving pre-colombian.

The majority of opinion is the reverse - people/animals etc migrated from Asia into the America's. Until it was cut of.

The horse though does include zebra's and the ass (one of the ass's, being the producer of that program). :lol:

I must have been thinking camels then when I agreed with DH. Camels originated in the Americas and then traveled to the old world. That's why llamas and alpacas exist in South America, sharing the common ancestor of Camels without humps. And fossils of American camels that went extinct in the last ice age.

EDIT: Actually the more I look the more it says that horses too evolved in North America first.

Yes everything I have read indicates that while the ancestor of the horse ranged throughout N. America and Europe it died out in Europe before it evolved into a horse like animal. lets face it I doubt that N. America of all the continents had no animals on it before the bridge to Asia formed. Once it formed animals would have moved both ways.

Top Bottom