I've won but it won't finish?

StillCuteDoe

Chieftain
basically, this is the first game i've won (only started playing a few days ago)... i was playing on noble, got a domination victory by killing everyone else off.

Instead of finishing immediately, the game keeps going till the "97 turns left" thing has run out and now it just wont finish.

I'm not sure if this is relevant but because i was so much better than all the AIs, i just started making the space things and also hollywood and stuff... not sure if that could have confused the game... might of thought i was going for multiple victories or something?

cheers

Were Conquest and/or Domination selected as possible victories at the beginning of the game?

Also, did you see a window that said something like "The End of History" with an option of "...just ...one ...more ...turn"?

Does it keep showing the victory message on the screen all the time?

You can keep playing past the end. It won't stop you. When you win it gives a pop up which asks if you want to end the game or play "just one more turn" (which isn't limited to just one turn). It does keep the victory message on the screen all the time after you've won.

ah i have no idea, the victory message doesn't pop up but maybe conquest/domination wasn't selected? I'll just finish the space thing and hopefully it'll end.

Bet you hit `Just one more turn...`

I'm not sure if this is relevant but because i was so much better than all the AIs, i just started making the space things and also hollywood and stuff... not sure if that could have confused the game... might of thought i was going for multiple victories or something?

cheers

In any case, this is not the reason, the game does not look to see what Victory Condition you may be pursuing.

Screenshots might prove useful, especially of the victory screen, F8 or that red fist button in the top right corner.

Top Bottom