Things you only just now realized

Ok, so I played 4 turns to let one AI settle an expo and then let one CS take both AI capitals and still got a Domination Win. Next thing to test is to trigger a domination win without my original capital, so I will take one capital, lose my capital to a CS and then take the last.

L.E. I got one capital then lost my original capital and the let one cs capture the last capital and still got the dom victory, so you don't even require owning your original capital for domination victory.

The truly crazy thing that happened is when I tried winning without any capital. So waited for both AIs to plant one expo, conquer 1 expo from an AI, then set up so that I would lose my capital and then the AIs will lose their capitals to city states in the same turn. First I lost my capital, then the first AI which got eliminated. Naturally this triggered a domination victory for the 2nd AI, but in that same turn the 2nd AI lost it's capital and this triggered a Domination Victory for me. I didn't even get the defeat screen for when AI #2 got it's Domination Win. I don't really know why I got a Domination victory at all, this is really crazy.

I have attached some screenshots. I played as Genghis Khan, and the 2nd AI was Pocatello.

Attachments

• 20160318021220_1.jpg
    20160318021220_1.jpg
    320.4 KB · Views: 169
  • 20160318021217_1.jpg
    20160318021217_1.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 220
I just realized that 4X =//= Grand Strategy. 4X doesn't even have to overlap strategy if it doesn't want to.

I've been in love with the wrong genre this whole time. :nuke:

What I think happens is this:
When an CS capture a capital, it loses the original capital status temporary. Not sure if it's permanent but at least for the purpose of determining victory condition it loses the capital status. So game decides victory without considering the capital captured for CS. I believe on OCC games, captured capital also loses the status since they're instantly razed.

I don't really know why I got a Domination victory at all, this is really crazy.
That bit is because the Dom VC remains available to the player after other VC (win or loose).

I have attached some screenshots. I played as Genghis Khan, and the 2nd AI was Pocatello.
Do you happen to have T7 screenshot? I am not on clear what you set up. But the question about CS-captured-caps being out of play seems settled.

That bit is because the Dom VC remains available to the player after other VC (win or loose).

Yeah, but winning without controlling a single capital is a litte bit odd.

Do you happen to have T7 screenshot? I am not on clear what you set up. But the question about CS-captured-caps being out of play seems settled.
Unfortunately I did not save before I hit end turn, I have the auto-save but I did all the setting up during T7:

I revealed the map and spawned a bunch of GDR around Korea's expo and took it. Then I allied Genoa and spawned a bunch of GDR belonging to Genoa around Korea's capital. Then Spawned GDR belonging to Genoa around the Shoshone capital (and declared war on the Shoshone. I also met another CS, Vatican City and declared war on it. Then spawned a bunch of GDR belonging to Vatican around my capital. Luckily during the AI turn Vatican City's turn was before Genoa and the following happened: I lost the capital to Vatican City. Then Korea got eliminated by Genoa triggering a domV for Shoshone, then the Shoshone lost their capital triggering a domV for me. At this point all capital cities are in control of city states, so I find it pretty curious that the domination victory was triggered.

Yeah, but winning without controlling a single capital is a litte bit odd.

Unfortunately I did not save before I hit end turn, I have the auto-save but I did all the setting up during T7:

I revealed the map and spawned a bunch of GDR around Korea's expo and took it. Then I allied Genoa and spawned a bunch of GDR belonging to Genoa around Korea's capital. Then Spawned GDR belonging to Genoa around the Shoshone capital (and declared war on the Shoshone. I also met another CS, Vatican City and declared war on it. Then spawned a bunch of GDR belonging to Vatican around my capital. Luckily during the AI turn Vatican City's turn was before Genoa and the following happened: I lost the capital to Vatican City. Then Korea got eliminated by Genoa triggering a domV for Shoshone, then the Shoshone lost their capital triggering a domV for me. At this point all capital cities are in control of city states, so I find it pretty curious that the domination victory was triggered.

Try it without allying the Genoa stand-in. See if it's actually just "no other players in control of their capitals" this way.

As to what I recently learned, you can get CS quests for great people by stealing them from others. This is only possible with prophets but I did it and it was great. Didn't think it would count, proves I guess that you don't have to personally generate them?

Top Bottom