Multiplayer gets stuck waiting for players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainBate

Chieftain
Basically my friends and I can play a couple turns but after awhile we can't continue because when we click on next turn and gets stuck on "waiting for players" or whatnot. We just have to keep reloading the game. I've searched google for a fix but i can't seem to find one that works. I tried the strategic view thing but that didn't work. I didn't know if there was a legitimate fix for this or what. I just want some help.

Me and 3 other friends are also getting the same problem, in several games. This "Waiting For Players" spinning globe hang happens at seemingly random points in our games (turn 40, 137 etc.), leaving us unable to select any units and reloading the save, for a while, allows us to progress a few turns, the turns decreasing between each save until it no longer changes when the hang happens.

We tried a game between 3 of us as well, still getting the same hang.

We then disabled all our DLC and began a new game, but we still got the hang.

We each tried hosting the savegame, but the hang continues to reoccur.

We tried hosting the game whilst we all used DX9, still the same hang.

Then we tried deleting all our units on the turn before the hang happens and this fixed the problem for several turns (being able to change production and research etc.), until one of us tried buying a scout, which we did, and the hang reoccurred when we Next Turn'd. So we can say that the problem involves the presence of units, although we cannot figure out what initiates the hang in the first place.

I should mention we do not experience the "5s, 10s, 15s" issue that some people have, although we have in the past and solved this by reinstalling our NICs in the Device Manager, and if the problem does reoccur, we host from a different person and the 5s, 10s, problem is reduced to a mediocre ping between two people, around 250ms.

Another detail: if any one of us disconnects, the turn then finishes, even with units still on the screen. The person is then re-invited at the beginning of the next turn and this produces continual excessive lag for all players, and the hang repeats next turn.

Does anyone have a suggestion for what to try next, and is there any more details I should mention?

I have attached a save file which includes a game between 3 of us, and the broken turn is between 136-137.

Attachments

• AutoSave_0136 AD-0520.Civ5Save
    802.3 KB · Views: 80

Ticking "New Random Seed" when creating a multiplayer game seemed to act as a workaround for the hang. It no longer had an inevitable turn on which the 'hang' would occur and instead took another seemingly random amount of turns before the hang happened, after we reloaded the save: rinse and repeat. This made the game playable.

However, since my friends returned to University, where they have access to 'better' internet, the problem I described no longer persists at all, regardless of the fact that I still have the worst internet connection of us all whether they are at Uni or not.

So whatever I dunno.

Still having this problem in 2016 with BNW. And now there is no "New Random Seed" option..

Moderator Action: Please do not necro long-dead threads, particularly just to add a complaint about a different game. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom