forced to adopt policy

daveingartcosh

Chieftain
Hi

I have tried to play 2 games but every time I get culture points it forces me to adopt a policy when I dont want or I simply can not take another one and hence I can not end the turn and start another one.

can you turn culture or the policy's off or is there away to end the turn or is there a bug fix.

cheers

Dave

Why can you not take another policy?
Have you got the option enabled (when creating the game) that allows you to save policy points?

When you first set up a game, you can select Policy saving on the Advanced options screen. There is no way to change that option mid-game.

^This. But when you're prompt to choose a free policy, you HAVE to choose it.

Hi

I have tried to play 2 games but every time I get culture points it forces me to adopt a policy when I dont want or I simply can not take another one and hence I can not end the turn and start another one.

Why can't you take another policy? That doesn't make sense. You should never run out of Social policies to select. Are you aware that you can open more than one policy tree at a time?

The only negative thing about selecting a policy is that certain policy tree selections preclude you from taking certain other ones - just have to make the choice which way you want to direct your civ.

Get that policy saving option enabled in the advanced options screen before one starts the next game.

Quite often, mid-game, I want to save policies for a new tree to become available (usually Rationalism or Ideology). For that reason I pretty much always check the advanced allow policy saving option.

Yeah, allow Policy saving is the one rule exception I always enable. I rarely actually end up taking advantage of it, but it's nice to have for those times when you're 5 turns away from hitting medieval and a policy pops. I think it's silly that you can't save them by default. It seems like any advantage you gain by holding on to one for a later policy tree is is outweighed by the fact that you aren't benefiting from a policy in the interim. If there is a way to exploit it, I haven't figured it out yet.

That being said, even when it is enabled, the end turn button will keep directing you to the policy screen, you'll have to right click on the circle notification on the side of the screen before you can advance.

Top Bottom