Dissidents

Mutineer

Deity
I am a bit confused.

In my game (immortal) Alex adopt order first, I adopt Autocracy couple turns later.

Instantly I got -10 unhappiness from dissidents.
I produce more turism then alex, He is exotic to me I am exotic to him.

Why I have unhappiness?

If you are both exotic to each other, then you both cancel.
Perhaps the World Council has adopted a World Ideology?
Or else another AI also has an ideology?

If you are both exotic to each other, then you both cancel.
Perhaps the World Council has adopted a World Ideology?
Or else another AI also has an ideology?

No there only 2 ai have ideology, alex and me. Word congress was not able to propose that yet.

I never had this situation of I adopt order or freedom.

Roll over the dissidant column in culture and it will tell you what the influences are.
I've had it with Freedom, since most of the AI do not choose freedom. fixed it by forcing Freedom as the world ideology in UN. Later two of the AI's were forced to switch to Freedom.
In another game, i chose to switch to Autocracy, not fight the ideology battle. In that game, as Shoshone, it told me that my preferred ideology was Autocracy, and that counted against me as Freedom.

No there only 2 ai have ideology, alex and me. Word congress was not able to propose that yet.

I never had this situation of I adopt order or freedom.

:hmm: I think this is the tie breaking "feature". Hover over it; and I bet it will say your citizens prefer Order even though there's no influence bars showing.

I'm not sure if it breaks ideological ties by earliest ideology founded or else in a static Freedom - Order - Autocracy manner.

It seems to some sort of border condition, next turn I lost exotic status, regain it may be 20 turn later and lost unhappiness.

:hmm: I think this is the tie breaking "feature". Hover over it; and I bet it will say your citizens prefer Order even though there's no influence bars showing.

I'm not sure if it breaks ideological ties by earliest ideology founded or else in a static Freedom - Order - Autocracy manner.

Are you sure the "tie" is relevant for this type of calculation? Your culture pool is weighed against his tourism and your tourism is weighed against his culture pool. As soon as both of you reach 10.01% (or 10.1%?) you are exotic. How can there be a tie? And why would conditions tilt in favour of one or the other contestant during that tie?

I think Mutineer saw "10%" in influence window and automatically assumed he was exotic. Which wasn't the case.

Or it was some kind of bug, where Mutineer had 10.00% over Alex, but the tooltip falsely shown "exotic" status.

Are you sure the "tie" is relevant for this type of calculation?

While the AI never gets influence over me; in my previous game I saw a lot of AI civs that were under influence from multiple civs such that the same number of bars showed for multiple ideologies.

In this particular game, it appeared that in all cases that Freedom was tied for the most that the population wanted Freedom.
And that in cases that Autocracy was tied with Order that the population preferred Autocracy.

You have unhappiness because the other civilizations have more tourism than you and influence your civilizations' people more than your culture.

It seems to some sort of border condition, next turn I lost exotic status, regain it may be 20 turn later and lost unhappiness.

If you lost exotic next turn this sounds like you were at some strange figure like 9.9999999999999% and this got rounded to 10% thus were shown as exotic in the culture screen but influence is probably calculated off the actual figure so the culture screen told you you were exotic but you actually were fractionally below.

Top Bottom