NESLife attempt #3

Their shape is not hydrodynamic, which makes them slow swimmers but this is little hindrance as they feed on plankton, needing only to drift slowly through the water. It is more important for them that their movements create a current where the water (which contains their food) is being forced within reach of their tentacles. They accomplish this by rhythmically opening and closing their bell-like body.

Thats from Wikipedia [wiki]Jellyfish[/wiki]

@cvlowe, sounds cool :)

@erez, you want two species at once? I know you have a bonus but im not allowing it to be split across two new species. If you heard otherwise from Iggy, he probably said that because it was different in the first version of this (which is one of the reasons it became unmanagable for me). Only one new species per person per update please...

Sorry :(

I thought so to, but I saw several people using their extra gene for a second creature.

NM than. Editing my creature :)

So I assume I can use my extra gene on the same evolution? Better :p

The jellyfish isn't mine, I just looked it up! I'm aiming for another creature alltogether...

I have my next evolution all written up and ready to post, assuming my biter survives this round! Including a gene that I haven't seen yet...

The Jellyfish is my precious! ;)
Anyway, if i survive this turn i'll show you all that a predator does not need don't good targeting system to be successful! :mischief:

Edit: id say that my Tenthydra actually resembles most something of the Hydrozoa Class (especially after the current evolution).

Thats from Wikipedia [wiki]Jellyfish[/wiki]

Some of them eat plankton, some eat small crustaceans and fish. Depends on the species (genes!)

Dibbler so far:

What you guys think?

I think it's going to become a bear to manage. I tried in a Word document and gave up.

But have fun :)

I guess it was more self interest in "my" branch... perhaps i will do others, but it has limited use i realise, certainly more than it takes to produce!

@erez, i see that North King posted his old species again, then his new species, to help me when doing the stats. I hope nobody else has posted two species (i havent looked thoroughly yet, ive got the pages saved for when im actually updating). BTW thanks for the wikipedia link!

@Abaddon, really nice! I havent got around to making my own tree thing yet. It will probably be quite abstracted and just show the main branches of evolution, rather than each step along the way.

Does anyone have GenoPro? It's great for showing family trees, I'm sure it would work for this too.

Very nice Slozbaddon.

Wickipedia said:
FreeMind is a free mind mapping application written in Java. FreeMind is licensed under the GNU General Public License. It provides extensive export capabilities. An XHTML export allows a user to create a mapped image with links to a folding outline.

Features

What follows are the most notable features of FreeMind.
  • Folding of branches
  • Exports to HTML, XHTML (a static 'all-expanded image' plus expanding +/- list below image). Also exports an 'all-expanded image' in the following formats: PNG, JPEG, SVG and PDF format. Images are non-interactive. Does NOT export to Flash (although this is a feature of the current Beta version; v.0.9.0 Beta 8).
  • Icons on nodes
  • Clouds around branches
  • Graphical links connecting nodes
  • Search restricted to single branches

I've been using it for years and its a solid, simple but good program (and free) :)

Link to the Download Page

Something like this, then:

Spoiler :

That is a neat program!

Something like this, then:

Spoiler :

That is a neat program!
Nice Work, Here is what i made

Spoiler No Makeup :

Spoiler Some Basic Makeup, and yes, i know, i don't have an Artistic Gene... ;) :

Edit:
Note: i have no idea what the Hunawapi los Terrios evolved from since the Hunawapi got extincted so i placed it as an evolution of the top most creature.

the Two .MM files, zipped to just 4kb! now thats efficient!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/8479/NESLife_3_Era_4.zip

Any way we can destinguish by era? otherwise looks perfect! :thumbsup:

Fëanor;5489785 said:
Note: i have no idea what the Hunawapi los Terrios evolved from since the Hunawapi got extincted so i placed it as an evolution of the top most creature.

I read somewhere it was made a mutation of the dibbler.

Spoiler :
Diddler
Genes (5): Crawling x1, Sponge Eating x1, Slime Eating x1, Complex Stomach x1, Claws x1
Description: As more and more predators lurk the seas, and prey develop defences to stop being eaten, it becomes necessary to have the means to "enforce" one's desire to break formerly living things down into nutrients and then use those nutrients to maintain your body.

Protodid
Evolved from: Diddler
Genes (5): Crawling x1, Sponge Eating x1, Slime Eating x1, Complex Stomach x1, Claws x1
Genes Added (max 1): Crawling x1 (total 2)
Description: With food being more mobile in general the Diddler had to refine its crawling abilities so that it could move faster to get at its prey thus becoming the Protodid.

Bah missed the last update due to lack of internet. Ah well my dry version of this guy didnt do so well last time so I'll have to try a different approach (plus this one starts with claws!)

Here it is by age.

Including new guys.

Any suggestions?

This was rather Nice to make ^^ Me like evolution.

Attachments

• Evolution_by_age.png
    Evolution_by_age.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 128
I know it's get clichéd now but "I see what you mean". I'll redo the update for the next evolution of the Nitros genus:

Name: Nitros Deepious
Evolved from: Nitros Basicus, Gene added (max 1): 1x Pressure Tollerence
Genes (max 5): Mineral Eating x2, Swimming x1, Smelling x1, Pressure Tollerence x1
Description (optional): The Novicus eventually learnt that there native home was betting a tad bit crowded and developed the ability to go deeper and into the oceans to search for the best minerals. No minerals were as good as the ones spewed by the volcanoes from the mid-ocean ridges. Natural Selection favoured the Novicus who took risks for the best rocks.

So do people think we've moved onto the Cambrian epoch now?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/nature/sites/naturalhistoryofwales/pages/565_mya.shtml

Would be useful to be able to tell what is extinct.. also why is the bubble guy grey?

Top Bottom