Germans ftw

Kevinicus

Yeah baby! Germans for the win! After my first game pwning up the world as Russia through a spaceship victory. So I picked my second favourite civ right after Russia, and Rome: Germany! Noble difficulty and Huge size. Low water level and continents.

I chose Bismarck of course and went right at it. I had a decent starting position with a river and some hills. The hills were south and the river you can see. This pic isn't when I started, it was 200BC.

I had 2 scouts go on very early, I built another one right at the start, I didn't start with 2 scouts. I met the russians early on

And quickly after that (1000 years later) the Aztec and Japanese almost simultaneously.

Just my luck to have 2 aggressive civs on the same continent, luckily they were far far away and I still have alot of land to expand my empire. After their arrival I was blessed with the religion Judaism! It quickly spread amongst the other German cities and became a dominant religion.

I noticed that a religion spreads alot quicker if they are connected by roads, I was surprised when the Russian city Novgorod adopted Judaism as their religion, but that only has advantages, for instance being able to see the city :). I already have 2 Missionars on the way towards other Russian cities to spread the only true religion!
Anything that happened beyond that point consisted mainly of expanding my glorious empire and defending Hamburg (NE from Berlin) from hordes of Barbarians and building up a decent infrastructure.

Before

After

The latter pic is from my last turn, as you can see I am in dear need of money, and lots of it :(

Enjoy the pics! Expect to see more from my German campaign and wish me luck!

cool story! thanks for the pics and keep em' coming! your money problem might be from overexpanding (maintenance). Im not positive but you may want to slow down on expansion and focus on increasing cash flow... keep converting cities if you can..

silver 2039 said:
Cathrine looks really sexy. Finally a reason to play her...Oh Catherine.

But if you play her, you dont get to watch her.

Kevinicus, thats a lot of cities you have, and your empire seems to span over... half the world? Does minimap change scale or have you already discovered most of the world and Russians are the only other civ?

Anima Croatorum said:
But if you play her, you dont get to watch her.

Kevinicus, thats a lot of cities you have, and your empire seems to span over... half the world? Does minimap change scale or have you already discovered most of the world and Russians are the only other civ?

That's probably only one continent, I have met other civilizations that I presume on another continent. However, I am the confirmed largest in the world:

However, I have also met the Malinese (?) and the Americans :)

I will write more and more pics later, of how the Aztecs backstabbed me and crippled my Infrastructure and more.

Also, whenever I suggest something Catherine is not happy with, she slaps me and smiles...

I was minding my own business, it was quiet everywhere, building here, working there. Too quiet. Well that was the typical silence before the storm. I was low on money and many of my units got disbanded, very disappointing, but to top it all off, the Aztecs attacked me whilst in my land!

My urge to expand as quick as possible, as I am used to, has backfired horribly. Furthermore my huge debts have heavily crippled army and worker force. The Aztec chariots destroyed many hamlets and villages and mines, they left farms alone.

Only after they destroyed 3 of my main cities, Hamburg being one of the cities I cherished the greatest, I managed to hold back the Aztecs. My pleas for peace were niglected entirely by the evil Aztec. The only positive notion of the last turns would be a japanese city being blessed with Judaism

And in the midst of the war, I even earned a Great Engineer! Bi Shing! A little blessing of heaven whilst in hell...

A little while later, 1500 AD, the Germans entered the Medieval Age. The Aztec's offensive has been throttled and besides a few smaller skirmishes along the eastern border it was close to a cease fire, but far from it. Montezuma even answered to one of my peace suggestions that "he won't give in until every German is dead!" or something of the sort...

Soon after we met Julius Caesar of the romans! Maybe he could help us against the Aztecs?

Oh and here an interesting sentence in one of my loading screens.

Kevinicus said:
Oh and here an interesting sentence in one of my loading screens.
Amen.

Another tenchar...wonderful...

Well, it is 1500 AD and the war against the Aztecs is near hopeless. Our Infrastructure destroyed, our armies just trying to rebuild themselves. We are now the weakest nation in the world, but we are the biggest. The size of our nation however does not compensate for our large losses.

When this army crossed my borders however, I knew that my forces could not withstand it, and another blow to my infrastructure would be my demise.

I gave the Aztec something to heed their bloodlust, the newly founded Bielefeld was sacrificed for the Empire.

1560 Anno Domini, the Aztecs will stay away, but I vowed to revenge myself and even now as you read this armies are being built to crush the Aztec Empire and make them pay for their war crimes! 20 years later Russia built Versaille. We are happy for them, but jealous aswell, also due to the fact that their golden age has begun. Our time will come aswell, just you wait...

In 1565 Mansa Musa of the Mali circum navigated the world. We haven't even seen our entire continent and they have already seen the world? What a disgrace. Another slap in the face was when Russia changed their state religion to Islam only 25 years later! How could they? After years of brotherhood and unity? It is clear that they were with the Aztecs all along. If only our military were stronger...If only...

That was in 1580. It is not 1605 and we have encountered the Chinese, the same year we made big trade deals with Rome and opened our borders to China. Maybe they will be better allies than the other civilizations we have met.

Germany and our neighbours.

The Culture in our country is diverse, sadly...god damn Aztec...

And here the world in our eyes.

Time for a snack.

Snacks.jpg

Nice hope you do well with your current game

nice work, i hope your game with the germans while be as succesfully as the one with the Russians. I realy liked ready it please update it soon!

Good, good, continue.

are you joking? this thread hasn't had a post in around SIX YEARS!
to put this in context when the post prior to you was made America had never had a black president, the Wii hadn't released, 3D films still meant you had to use those silly red and blue glasses and Saddam Hussein was still alive.

Top Bottom