I only get barbarian rebels, is this normal?

aviation

Chieftain
As the title implies, it seems that I only get barbarian rebels.

Ever since me (and all the other civs) got past the medieval era, no other civ has spawned from a rebelion (it has however happened in the early game).
Instead, everyone gets constant barbarian rebels.

Is there an option that could be changed somewhere to decrease barbarian rebels and increase the rate of new civs rebeling instead?

Thanks a lot.

You may have run out of available civilizations. The game will only allow 50 civilizations total to appear throughout the game. When a rebellion happens, the game tries to decide which civilization gets to be the rebel. From what I can read in Revolution.py, the choices are limited to a new civilization in a new slot, a nearby civilization with culture nearby, or a dead civilization that still has culture in a nearby plot. If the game is out of new civ slots and can't find anyone near enough for the rebels to join, the rebels spawn as barbarians.

Could you post a save game? Especially one a turn before a revolution occurs? It would help us look.

http://www.filedropper.com/jad-1933-summer

Here is the file.

Sadly, I don't have time to play right now so this save is not on the verge of a revolution. If this is not good enough, I can try to find some time tomorrow to prepare a save that is one turn away from a revolution.

Thanks, by the way!

I forgot one other thing, and I think this is why you only get barbarians. There are only 38 civilizations in AND (without the Megapack). All 38 civilizations have appeared in your game at some point. Again, I'm trying to parse the Revolutions.py file that controls revolutions, and it looks to me that once all the civilizations have appeared and there aren't any new ones left to found, the only time non-barbarian rebels will appear is if EITHER there is another civ's culture in a nearby plot (living or dead) OR there are nearby units belonging to another player that the city owner is at war with or are themselves rebels (it seems possible that civ A can revolt against civ B and nearby cities of civ C can spawn rebels of civ A).

So after all the civilizations have been founded, and the conditions aren't met for rebels to spawn belonging to a living civ or reincarnating a dead civ, then barbarians are the only result.

So after all the civilizations have been founded, and the conditions aren't met for rebels to spawn belonging to a living civ or reincarnating a dead civ, then barbarians are the only result.

My experience agrees with this. I used to run out of civs for rebellions very quickly on large maps and just get barb revolts. Haven't had much problem since I installed the Megapack.

So installing the megapack would allow for more civs and, thus, more rebelling civs instead of only barbs?

Where can I download this megapack and are savegame compatibles with one another or would I have to start a new game?

Thanks!

Everything is savegame compatible. Just start the launcher > Modules > Get modules and follow instructions!

Be warned that if there are more than 25 civs in game, chances that barbarians are spawned instead of a new civ are increased. It doesn't prevent you from reaching the 50 civs threshold if you're using MCP, but it makes it a bit harder.

Thank you everyone.

Adding the mega civ pack worked! My game is now much more dynamic.

Top Bottom