Trading posts - Gold for each one?

Augie

Chieftain
Newbie type question.....if I build a Trading Post on a bunch of tiles in my Civ, do I get a gold for each one OR do I get a gold ONLY if a Citizen is working on the tile?

Only if it's worked. The only things you get without actualy working the tiles is resources.

Thanks for the clarification. I was building a bunch of Trading Posts...way more than the number of Citizens I have LOL I was wasting time.

For a self professed newb, it's also worth pointing out that a lot of the value of trading posts comes from social policies (in rationalism you can get +1bpt, and commerce you can get +1gpt), the fact that you can build them on jungle (+2gpt with a university) and golden ages (+1gpt). However, all these bonuses are only for worked tiles.

For a self professed newb, it's also worth pointing out that a lot of the value of trading posts comes from social policies (in rationalism you can get +1bpt, and commerce you can get +1gpt), the fact that you can build them on jungle (+2gpt with a university) and golden ages (+1gpt). However, all these bonuses are only for worked tiles.

This indeed is what really makes trading posts shine. Jungletile with a trading post and said trading post upgraded via social policies make them very jummy mid-game for science boosts.

In fact tiles that I'm planning on trade posting don't tend to get improved until around the time Economics is around the corner unless that city really, really has nothing better to do with its population.
(In G&K and Vanilla that was never the case for an ocean city, but can be the case in BNW.)

Top Bottom