The OP of GL... or is it just me?

I've recently started playing again, and this is one thing I'm trying to work on. I've found that for a wide strat, Gl puts me too far behind. At least on emperor dif. Wonder spam is something that I am trying to discipline myself to avoid, and also avoiding dealing with lost wonders by restarting.

Have you guys tried to make the Great Library recently? I always play immortal and I can get the GL every single time. I almost never have a worker at that time so I'm not chopping trees and I don't have any technology that would improve those tiles anyway.

Go Pottery -> Writing. Make the GL as soon as it's available and don't spend a single gold on anything. Once the GL is built make 1 or 2 settlers(as many as you can rush buy libraries in). Then make the NC.

Maybe it works better to just build a library instead, idk. It's perfectly viable on higher difficulties though to build this wonder.

The AI has always hated organics. Haven't you guys played mass effect? :confused: jeez.
Ah, yes. Phenomenal series. Haven't gotten to the absolute final paid DLC for ME3, although I did beat the game (and enjoyed the ending, FWIW).

The latest I have ever seen GL go on Deity is Turn 34, and you can barely research Pottery and Writing in that time. You can get it with a high-production Immortal start, a Salty one or settling Marble or something. You can also chop it out on Immortal and if you get it done by the early 40's you're good.

Where the Great Library is broken is when you don't have to turbo it out and you can slingshot into Theology or Civil Service or something similar. Then you get an advantage on the AI that is hard for them to recover from.

Something I do when I feel completing it is in doubt is queue up a Library, build that to 1 Turn left then swap over to Great Library. That way I get failgold and failLibrary. But mostly I just don't even worry about Libraries, Great or otherwise until my cap is at least 6 pop. It's not worth the maintenance cost before then.

Top Bottom