Caveman 2 Cosmos

After I applied your fix and loaded a game, the kelp files didn't load, but didn't stop the game from loading...

I initially had the same issue and it gave me a couple of error messages when loading the mod initially (before I had tried to load a save game) and it did stop my compatibility game save from loading, it froze at about 30% of the loading bar - but overwriting the revised kelp folder with the one from my original C2C v13 download did the trick (I guess I will have to wait for my next game to see the changes to kelp!!!)

So after swapping back the kelp folder for the one in the original C2C v13 download I was able to load my save game and found Jainism - so this fixed my game albeit with a few minutes fiddling about with the files (and that's not in any way a criticism, when I add mods to any game I expect a bit of fiddling about and wouldn't try to add stuff if I was reluctant to do that!)

Thanks again to Dancing Hoskuld for the fix :)

Well someone could have told me. It suppose to provide the good. I will have to fix it on the SVN when its done downloading. No wonder no one could build the high wealth buildings!
I thought you' d take a look at your mineral files after i pointed out that stone quarries don´t provide the good as intended. :undecide:

I wrote earlier about Dog Soldiers available with hunting. That's wrong, Dog Soldiers are available with axemaking while an Axeman needs hunting in addition.
This might be an entry to Hydros game tips, play as Native American and get a head start with Dog Soldiers. ;)

@ DH:
In your last update there is no file "DH_CIV4TerrainSchema.xml" as requested in Kelp_CIV4FeatureInfos.xml
Code:
<Civ4FeatureInfos xmlns="x-schema:DH_CIV4TerrainSchema.xml">

So while loading xml it throws error that it can't load that xml file.

I just remove "DH_" before filename and it seems working after that.

Anybody getting random CTD's with v13? I was able to play V12 all the way into the future era, but I'm having problems with this.

I have noticed that the excess production from finishing one unit is no longer transfered to the next. is that intended? cause I rather liked that feature

It's not removed but the excess hammers are set in a buffer that applies to the next building item in line on the next turn. My guess as to why this way is that it then doesn't add bonus hammers from "+% hammers when building xxxx" from one type of unit/building to another type of unit/building.

Developers: Castles and "unable to attack until defence is below 25%" and finding hidden entrance seems to be bugging, either one or both together.
When defence was above 25% and I found a hidden entrance all my units attacked the weakest unit in the city first the whole turn. First a settler, then a great general, then the second great general, then an apothecary, and another apothecary, then weakest next unit. Going to test it a bit more.

Cheers

Edit: Finding an entrance seems to be the buggy one. Did the same with 0% city defence. It also "carried over" to the turn, and then to the next city, the weakest defended first during the rest of the war. Doesn't "finding hidden entrance" only last one turn, or should it not?

Anybody getting random CTD's with v13? I was able to play V12 all the way into the future era, but I'm having problems with this.

Is it a repeatable error, if so make sure you have Maximum Capability saved game. If NOT then its not a random crash and those are really hard to pin down.

help! when i load a saved game the ground and water are all black, everything else is there but no ground or water

help! when i load a saved game the ground and water are all black, everything else is there but no ground or water

Are you playing with anything added, or are there Custom Civs in the modules area?

It's not removed but the excess hammers are set in a buffer that applies to the next building item in line on the next turn. My guess as to why this way is that it then doesn't add bonus hammers from "+% hammers when building xxxx" from one type of unit/building to another type of unit/building.

As far as I have seen it is between all units and all buildings, even in a que of the same units

I have some ideas for future:

- city can produce food (like gold and science)
not via hammers, but in proportion to the number of cells field
that-be had a point to share - the city-village and city-makers

- food move to one general ambar and then distributed to individual in each city

- maybe good idea make for first free civics citylimit (3-6-9)...

- please make menu option that do not hanters to subdue animals - only kills
in vs 13 I manual kill 4-5 sabdued animal every turn,
and have two generals only by defense against animals in 3000 BC

Stupid question: How important is balancing in this mod? I play RI, MoM, and LoR but I thought I'd add to my repertoire with this and Fury Road so I thought I'd ask.

I would say 50/50. We first go with cool ideas and experimental stuff. Once that works out then we go in to balance it. So at the moment the game is unbalanced for many aspects but as we play test things we continually tweak things to be more balanced. Unlike say AND where they take stuff away to balance thing we usually add things to balance things.

I have some ideas for future:

- city can produce food (like gold and science)
not via hammers, but in proportion to the number of cells field
that-be had a point to share - the city-village and city-makers

- food move to one general ambar and then distributed to individual in each city

- maybe good idea make for first free civics citylimit (3-6-9)...

- please make menu option that do not hanters to subdue animals - only kills
in vs 13 I manual kill 4-5 sabdued animal every turn,
and have two generals only by defense against animals in 3000 BC

Post ideas in the C2C Idea Thread.

As far as I have seen it is between all units and all buildings, even in a que of the same units

If you'd have enough hammers to finish two items in one turn (if multiple production is on) then you'd do that. If not the extra hammers are saved and applied next turn on the next item in line.
If you place your cursor over the city and get the info box up you'll see that the hammers state something like:
196 (150)

The one in brackets is the actual amount of hammers for that item per turn. The first number is the total amount with the excess from last production.

Hmm. Hello.

I was wondering if the HandicapInfo file would accept an <iAIResearchPercent> tag?
The reason why is that in our multiplayer games we play on different difficulties to make the games more evenly matched. This sets the AI on a too high difficulty and it infallibly lags behind everyone, a lot.
Even in Diety solo games it lags behind even though then it takes a little while to catch up (renaissance about) so a boost to their research per turn would be a good idea then too.

Cheers

Is it a repeatable error, if so make sure you have Maximum Capability saved game. If NOT then its not a random crash and those are really hard to pin down.

So far I've been able to reload from the last autosave. I am using Max Capability for my saves.

So far I've been able to reload from the last autosave. I am using Max Capability for my saves.

Then its not a crash.:mischief: And if your using Max Cap then you have your own name of the autosave.

A friend of mine has a bug with the new version (v13): He only sees the first 5 tabs in BUG and has no <> to see any other tabs. Clean copy of the game, tried it twice, no luck.
Any one know what this could be?

There is Mormon in C2C, but I am not happy with it. Maybe I will pillage the "Total War" mod. I am working on a disease mod but the only one I have seen was based on diseases as religions and that does not work well with inquasitions.

There was an attempt to get "Holy Wars" into RoM but it was very biased towards Christianity.

Can I help with fixing it? What needs to be done? I have been editing the Civilopedia entries I gave you a year ago, to make them shorter. I don't know how short is short enough, but I'm trying for 20-30 lines in Word.

I was locating artwork as well, and could help with that if I learn how to convert stuff to the formats used by the game.

The attached file has four main parts: Mormonism religion, "Last Days" events and features that could be optional, "Artifacts" feature that is borrowed from FFH2 that the team might be interested in implementing, and Civilopedia entries for all the above, except Artifacts.

Attachments

• Mod LDS 0.3.doc
    112.5 KB · Views: 73
I've not had an issue with previous versions of the game that I've played, but on v13 I can't start a single player game at all. To elaborate slightly I click single player, and the game basically just sits there with the loading icon, and eventually crashes

I'm running Vista 32, with 3gb RAM

Top Bottom