Highest beakers per turn you've ever had in a game

Hello, people. Following the win of my latest science game with Morocco, I would like to ask how many BPT have you had in your best science game.

Here's a screenshot of my game from the turn before I won.

http://oi62.tinypic.com/258ba85.jpg

I had pretty much 1500 BPT since turn 270. That was hands down the best I have ever achieved. The game was: Everything standard, Immortal, Continents.

Made a little game today to try something:
Spoiler :

1800ish at turn 247 on 5 cities.
Some maps can probably provide bigger numbers, especially with all observatories.

I should screenshot next time I have a bigger number for big numbers lovers

I had 2k when I finished last spaceship part around 1900's with Korea. It was on standard continents, King difficulty, so didn't bother saving the game.

Oh, sorry. I didn't try putting all my cities to science production. I don't know how much I'd hit if I did that. Maybe I'll try to reload an autosave and see. But, 2K is really impressive! And 1.8K is also really amazing. How'd you achieve these numbers?

I see a 44 pop capital there. Maybe I should provide the capital with food after some point and on, instead of money? I mean, in my game, I ended with about 6K gold, not really having any use for it.

You can always do conquest and annex every cities and put every science buildings plus all science bonuses and get extremely huge amount of beakers but i personnally value the best games per turn played. Acken's game is a great example.

Because with this approach you can probably get over 5000 beakers if you play on a huge pangea map.

I think something around 2200 with Korea or something.

Over 7,000 bpt.
But it is on huge continents where I've currently got 47 cities. Prince difficulty/marathon speed as Rome where I'm just sandboxing (I've already won via domination) and I'm currently working on my 17th future tech; Freedom ideology.

You can always do conquest and annex every cities and put every science buildings plus all science bonuses and get extremely huge amount of beakers but i personnally value the best games per turn played. Acken's game is a great example.

Because with this approach you can probably get over 5000 beakers if you play on a huge pangea map.

I want to try and beat my PB by getting about 1.8K on turn 250. I guess it's possible, but I don't think I can do it without conquest. The thing is, you have to have at least 2-3 cities of yours next to a mountain to do that.

I want to try and beat my PB by getting about 1.8K on turn 250. I guess it's possible, but I don't think I can do it without conquest. The thing is, you have to have at least 2-3 cities of yours next to a mountain to do that.

1800 at turn 250 is what I show in post above. No need for conquests, just mountain cities.

If you aim that much for the turn 250 you have to limit your conquests. You usually need between 5 and 7 cities with Labs everywhere. If you go over that count you have to wait a bit more since that you gonna get some science hits from number of cities and energy spending into conquests.

If you don't mind to play 400+ turns you will have all the possible time to reach extremely huge numbers...even if you could win way before that(disable science, diplo and culture victories!).

@Acken, I will try, but I'll have to pick a civ that starts close to mountains, otherwise it's a waste.

@Tabarnak, I tend to avoid unticking certain types of victories, in fear that the AI will change its behavior for the worst... I guess, though, that the game will be over at turn 250 if you have that much, like shown in the above screenshot. I will probably have to play nice and bribe the AI into wars with one another too, so they can leave me alone.

If I remember correctly I had over 200.000 beakers / turn with Korea on Deity.

I'll come back when I know for sure, my latest game with india I have 16 cities, 5 next to mountains with observatories built and 3 of the mountain ones also in jungle (all of these I settled recently so they are still 8-10 pop and growing. Just put all of them on growth and I watched my science go from 900 to 1600 in a scant 30 turns...no telling where it will stop. Just opened research labs and got 3 so far...I'll keep building/buying them. These modern techs are already coming every 5-6 turns.

I think the formula is: prioritize and beeline for science building techs, go Tradition, have at least 2-3 trade internal food trade routes going to your best cities, and have as many cities as possible next to mountains.

Top Bottom