Barb Movement

docbud

Emperor
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but how many tiles can a barb move?

I just got attacked, and the barb was behind a hill, climbed the hill, and then attacked (I was on the other side of the hill).

And in another, a barb moved through two jungle tiles and attacked.

I've also had them be behind two tiles behind a river, then get to the river, cross and attack.

Do barbs get three movements?

EDIT TO ADD:

Ooops. I forgot to add BNW to the subject line. I've got BNW and playing prince level.

Lest anyone say "pics or it didn't happen," I will just say I didn't take pics because I don't take pics every time I move a unit.

Barb units don't have any special movement bonuses

However,
Barb units can spawn and attack on the same turn
Barb units will spawn when a barb kills a caravan/cargo ship
Barb units that pass by Mt. Kilaminjaro get the same hill movement promotion as anyone else.

Barb units don't have any special movement bonuses

Barb units that pass by Mt. Kilaminjaro get the same hill movement promotion as anyone else.

That's probably what happened to the OP. Nice addition to the game :) I'm also wondering if they can benefit of the fountain of Youth, but I'm not sure they can actually heal in BNW

Wait... Mt Kilimajiro gives you a hill movement promotion????

Yup. Move a unit past Mt Kilimanjaro and it gets Altitude Training, which not only gives you 2x Hill Movement (Effectively eliminating the hill movement penalty, but in some cases (Inca, Scouts) speeding you up) but also a combat bonus in hills. Pretty fun.

Does it stack with Ski Infantry bonus? That would make amazing units

Does it stack with Ski Infantry bonus? That would make amazing units

Probably does. I never did get to see it as Denmark, but seeing how it is an unique promotion that works along with both the Inca and Scouts, I'd say it should.

It was Mt. Kilimajiro or they naturally get the Woodsman promotion if you are playing with the Communitas mod.

Thanks gang. It looks like it was Mt. Kilimajiro. Thanks for the help.

Top Bottom