Can't Play CiV Anymore

evanjl4

Chieftain
One night, I was starting up my Civ 5 BNW copy using steam, when all of a sudden, the music stopped playing and the game became unresponsive. I also found that when I moused over a certain part of the screen, my mouse changed from a spinning globe to my regular mouse. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game on steam, but it's still not working. I love Civ 5 and really want to play it, but I can't because of this glitch.

You may have to delete the .ini files under windows: documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civ5 BNW

Go to your STEAM account, right click on Civ5 and then select "properties". In the box that appears, select "Local files" and then "Verify integrity of game cache". STEAM will check to ensure the files on your hard drive are up to date and correct.

I've got the exact same thing. The exact same thing. Except I got it on vanilla. I also got the mouse instead of globe and tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I tried deleting the .ini files and to "Verify integrity of game cache" but nothing works :( Any other ideas?

OK I went through some other posts here and now I manage to play Civ. Go to the GraphicsSettingsDX9/10/11.ini and set Full Screen = 0 instead of 1. I don't know if you can play in fullscreen but trying to go fullscreen through the game just crashed it again.

I've tried those fixes, they didn't work. Any more help?
I have all DLC if that helps.

The only other thing I can think of is to check all your drivers to make sure they are up to date, especially your video card drivers.

Top Bottom