Simple change to aspirational trait

deathpickle

Chieftain
Aspirational diplomatic trait currently gives +1 orbital coverage per rank. It's a policy that ought to be intended for civs who want large orbital coverages, but in reality is too forgettable of an amount to be worth getting! Changing it from +1+2+3 orbital coverage to +15%+25+40% orbital coverage size will benefit civs that want large coverage more, and will actually retain the same flat bonus as it is right now.

I believe starting coverage for a city is 8, so 15% of 8 is +1 coverage, 25% of 8 is +2 coverage, 40% of 8 is +3 coverage (rounded down of course), leaving it with the same flat benefit as before, except now it scales!
maxing out prosperity gives +50% orbital coverage, so you can look at that code to see how you might go about this.

Thanks for reading, I hope someone tries to make this.

I agree that Orbital Coverage doesn't really work currently, but I don't think just increasing the range would do that much. To me the main problems are that the basic range is already enough for pretty much any defensive or economical needs, and unfortunately there aren't really that many offensive uses that make getting more orbital coverage a worthwhile thing to do.

Anyway... I'm pretty sure increasing Orbital Coverage by a percentage is impossible.

Top Bottom