Music In Civilization V

France

Chieftain
How can I put music in Civilization V?
Do I have to have a specific format?
It's for Europe - America; music - in peace.
I put music there, but it won't play in-game.
Thanks.
-LE France

You could try replacing the existing file with the file you'd like to play renamed to have the exact same name, but I'm not sure if that would work here.
Also make sure then to backup the old file in case you want that one to play again.

I dont understand why the music is so bad in Civ 5 with all the good classical music available without any copyright from pre-1923

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

It'd be easiest just to make a simple mod to add music. I don't really remember the coding off the top of my head, though I'm sure someone in the modding forums does.

I dont understand why the music is so bad in Civ 5 with all the good classical music available without any copyright from pre-1923

Bad? I like most of it, though some of it I had to get used to it first.
Anyway, music is good to create an atmosphere (as some like to immerse themselves in the game) and sets the different civilizations more apart. Classical music wouldn't really fit with the Songhai, for example. And they actually do use it for Germany, for example.

Ok music in game depends on the civ you take? In Civ 3 and 4 we had Brahms, John Adams, Bach, Mozart, Chopin, Mussorgsky and that Praetorius Ballet. It fitted well.

Ok music in game depends on the civ you take? In Civ 3 and 4 we had Brahms, John Adams, Bach, Mozart, Chopin, Mussorgsky and that Praetorius Ballet. It fitted well.

Didn't you know? Every civilization has their own themes. I like that more than having the same music for all civilizations. If you want to hear classical music, pick France, Austria or Germany. I like to hear the relaxing music of Polynesia and can't imagine them with Mussorgsky, for example. Russia has some great classical music, too.
I converted the files & it seem not to play in-game )-:
They have to be in the same folder as the original music and have the exact same name, too.
Like I said:
You could try replacing the existing file with the file you'd like to play renamed to have the exact same name, but I'm not sure if that would work here.
Also make sure then to backup the old file in case you want that one to play again.

Wow...so i ll pick my civ base on music from now on not their UA.

I knew they had their own music when you speak with them but not while you play on the map

Wow...so i ll pick my civ base on music from now on not their UA.

I knew they had their own music when you speak with them but not while you play on the map

There's no need to be hostile, and I'm sorry if I came across a arrogant or something like that. Their music also plays while you're on the map, but only at the beginning, unfortunately. Also, pick whatever civilization you like based on whatever you want, for me a nice soundtrack can make the game much more enjoyable and can therefore be just as important for me as anything gameplay-related.

I was not being hostile...I didnt feel you were arrogant neither..Not sure my laptop can run itunes with Civ 5.

@NKVD: Sorry, I guess I was in a bad mood then and misunderstood your post.

I think it's because of the "Wow". Sounded maybe sarcastic but it wasnt, I'll try Polynesia in my next game, heard their music is good. I love gamelan music.

"I just mute it and throw the Ipod on"

That's like muting the hockey game and throwing on Zeppelin.

Love It.

Brew God

@NKVD

Yes, it does cost money.

Civilization and Scenario Pack: Polynesia $4.99
Civilization and Scenario Pack: Korea $4.99

Top Bottom