Warning: This game is NOT COLONIZATION NUMBER 1

much2much

Warlord
Be very careful if you are expecting it to be exactly the same as Colonization 1 DO NOT buy it. You will feel let down and depressed and may attempt or commit suicide.

I don't know if people who buy a NEW game thinking it will be exactly the same as the OLD game -- would be smart enough to commit suicide. Though it would make for an interesting note left behind explaining to the family: "Dear mom, I just couldn't handle it. The new game was just too cool. Life has moved on. So, I'm drinking coolaide and waiting for Hale Bob to come take me away."

Much2Much: That's the same thing people said about Railroads!. I've played the original version of Colonization and like this one too. Same with Railroads!.

Be very careful if you are expecting it to be exactly the same as Colonization 1 DO NOT buy it. You will feel let down and depressed and may attempt or commit suicide.

A remake will never be the same as the original, even if at the least because of technology.

I doubt many people were expecting exactly Col1. Why would they do that when you could just play Col1.

Some people (like me) were expecting a playable game right out of the box, though.

I really don't know why...

It's not a remake, just read the back of the box. "A re-imagining of the classic Colonization..." See, it's a re-imagining. :) Like the New Battlestar Galactica is a re-imagining. Sure, the names and general idea are the same, but neither is anything like the original. It doesn't mean the new version is bad, just different.

Much2Much: That's the same thing people said about Railroads!. I've played the original version of Colonization and like this one too. Same with Railroads!.

Railroads! needed haulage fee to scale with distance. Then it would be a much better game. As it stands there is no reason to bother trying to create long routes unless you have connected all the closer stuff.

Number 3 was my favourite as 2 is isometric but also has slopes which you can't see and build with very easily. The only problem with 3 was that it was impossible to tranport goods to your factories if they weren't going to make a profit on the haulage. This really ruined the whole industrial part of the game.

Weill i go ahead and say that i hated Railroads!. Actually the only game of Sid Meier i have played and hated. I love Pirates!, i love Civ I-IV, I love SMAC, I love Col and Col2. And this is the forum for latter game, so i dont think we should discuss Railroads...

Col2 is the same as the original but still very different. It has some bugs, some of them really annoying, but i dont think i will commit suicide. It has a bigger chance that i die from not sleeping for days. But that doesnt count as suicide.

People too emotionally invested in the original game (i.e. a small percentage of diehards) might feel 'suicidal' about this (I recommend taking an antidepressant BTW, seriously, you don't want to live life being that uptight about nothing), but for Civ players and those who never played Col1, this game is the dog's bollox. :)

Top Bottom