Really Advanced Setup

@Samarliel: I'll be looking into that problem sometime soon. I believe the problem is caused by a combination of incorrectly created map scripts and my mod not being able to handle them when it should do so. If my guess is correct then there is a possibility of correcting the problem for the times being until I hopefully find a solution.

Try: Disabling any map packs NOT created by Firaxes. Then exit the game and delete my mod's database file - "My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ModUserData\GTAS_AdvancedSetupMod-13.db". Then start the game and go to the Really Advanced Setup screen. Does the map panel work now?

If that works. You may be able to re-add some of the maps back to the game (just not the ones that are actually causing the problem).

Note: When you delete the "GTAS_AdvancedSetupMod-13.db" file all you are doing is resetting all of the options in my mod back to their default settings.

Regarding the "Cant select a map" issue, just press "reset all" and it will fix it.

It has only happened to me once, and is very easy to fix, so i cant say im bothered by it.

@general tso: Your mod is probably THE best and most versatile mod out there, useful to literaly everyone. It has saved me countless hours while testing my own mods. As a fellow modder and civ player, i salute you!

Thanks you layelaye. I'm glad you like it. I kind of thought that my mod might help with testing certain other mods but you're the first to mention it.

Three small (or more complex) issues i'd like to share with you GenTso,

1) It seems that when we define our settings and going through (back & forth, etc) the different screens... the Players list (Leaders and/or # of CityStates) is being reset to some "default" values. Say - if i choose my Civ and keep 3 Civs for a Standard map where i already selected 4CS (rather than higher +12!) -- and go straight to gameplay options -- then, start the Game. The actual number of Civs is more than previously defined.
This happens consistantly - mind you.
I'd recommend some sort of "CheckMark" freeze right from the Tabs-Bar (upper select list)... so that our options persist throughout the settings phase unless we uncheck anything for further edits.

2) Upon leaving... the Game is crashing at the shown Menu and doesn't return to "Exit to Windows" as selected. Strangely the Civ-Cursor seems to be "replaced" by the usual Win-Arrow version but only in the middle section of that frozen menu. Dunno if this is indicative of what may cause this flaw but i can only 3-Fingers-Salute away and close Civ via TaskManager.

3) Restart Game option would also freeze (between closing and loading the necessary DoM screen) somehow. It's nearly random... at times i can ask twice or more, others it can simply refuse to reset the map on the very first attempt.

Aside from these annoying things, the overall state of your Mod is pretty solid. DB handling is external for your own options though... i have a feeling UserHistory.db (or even something else) may create some conflict(s).

Thanks for the info. I'll look into it.

About #2) ... just realized that this might NOT be caused by GTAS after all. I'd have to search a lot deeper into some re-setting of Windows-7HP Aero theme -- maybe. I even have a custom opening WMV file that somehow sticks to a transit UI layer while the game finishes clearing up Video-Mem overstack(s).
Guessing or knowing how (my) Z-UI can actually take up considerable amounts of DDS re-texturing space - i feel it might also be preventing Civ5 from closing properly.
Soooooo tough to simply figure out. :(

Hey Tso,

First of all; Great mod! Thank you for working so hard on this!

Second; Sorry if you have answered this previously, or something along the lines of that.

Now, I have run into some sort of an issue. I like to use Hulfgar's Ultimate Mod Pack, which if you haven't heard of it, is an AMAZING mod that has revolutionized Civ's gameplay. For me at least.

The issue with it is that when I try to set up a game with both of those mods enabled, it just brings me to an empty screen when I click "advanced setup". Not only that, but it seems to completely freeze the game in a way. The back button doesn't work, neither does any of the other ones. The tabs to switch between everything don't even show up.

Now, obviously this is a compatibility issue between the 2 mods, so I was wondering if there is a simple way for you to add some type of compatibility between the two? If not, it's all good, and I will continue to use your mod anyways.

Thanks in advance!

- Pilot

EDIT: Nevermind that. It seems to be an issue in compatibility with anything that adds anything new to the game. :(

@Leugi and isnorden: Thanks for the kind words. I'm not sure if that would be possible without limiting it to Civs that are specifically enabled for my mod which is something I try not to do.
In order to make this feature generic and not limited to specific civilizations your (awesome) mod could allow users to create group of civilizations. Then when game is started and civilizations are drawn only one civilization from given group will be allowed.
For example:
- let assume that we have 6 civilizations: A, B, C, D, E and F
- one user could create 2 groups: {A, B} and {D, F}.
- then during game creation only A or B will be allowed (but not both) and D or F (but not both)
- of course other player could create completely different group of civilizations.

Edit:
To make this feature even more generic, you could define the number of allowed civs from given group. This could allow to limit some civs occurrence in game.
For example: user could create group "Europe" in which he could put all European civs and set allowed number to 2. Thanks to that user will not end up in the game where there are only European civs.

I like that idea. At the moment I'm not adding any major changes to the mod but I'll definitely keep that in mind if the situation changes.

Great idea mscibor, I do hope you're able of doing it eventually ser General.

GenTso,
An easy thing to fix if you don't mind.
Did you realize that Firaxis altered all the PopUp Headers Label fields txt colors from Cyan to White?

With the following values;
FROM : Color0="35,70,87,200" Color1="72,156,212,64" Color2="72,156,212,64"
TO : Color0="255,255,200,255" Color1="5,10,10,255" Color2="5,10,10,255"

It's just weird that your mod still has these old Vanilla assets for DoM (Loading Bar with Bounce Anim) & AdvancedSetup screens.

I like mscibor's idea.
A feature like this should grant more cultural variety in civ selection (especially if used in conjunction with mods that improve cultural diversity between civilizations).
Hope to see this in future, keep up the good work!

I liked my idea so much :mischief: that I couldn't wait for General Tso and I actually already implemented this feature as addon mod for Really Advanced Setup :)
Since it uses code from main RAS mod I will publish it when I get allowance from General Tso. Which may be not so easy as you think since I cannot get in contact with him and he is not showing himself on this thread also :(
So if you are wondering the answer is yes - this post is only to get some attention from General Tso in case when he checks this thread more often then private messages :lol:

I liked my idea so much :mischief: that I couldn't wait for General Tso and I actually already implemented this feature as addon mod for Really Advanced Setup :)
Since it uses code from main RAS mod I will publish it when I get allowance from General Tso. Which may be not so easy as you think since I cannot get in contact with him and he is not showing himself on this thread also :(
So if you are wondering the answer is yes - this post is only to get some attention from General Tso in case when he checks this thread more often then private messages :lol:

Sorry about that. As I mentioned in the message I just sent to you - By all means go ahead and do this.

Yea I need to check my private messages more often. Unfortunately it seems like I only get messages when I don't look at it. :crazyeye:

I'm going to start looking into the map panel problems with 3rd party maps. Unfortunately I'm currently having a hardware problem with my PC. So once that's fixed I'll start working on it.

In the mean time. I'd be interested in hearing from people exactly which maps are causing problems. So that I have a large group to test if needed.

I'd also be interested in knowing which type of map mod is causing the problem. To be honest I'm not familiar with all of the details of each type of map mod. I just know that there are different ones due to the way the code in the game is written. So I'd be interested in any info on which type (or types) of map is causing it.

So far I've had reports of some maps not showing up. I've also had reports of empty drop down menus. Is anybody else having different problems?

Sorry about that. As I mentioned in the message I just sent to you - By all means go ahead and do this.
Thanks and don't worry - not a problem at all :goodjob:
Unfortunately it seems like I only get messages when I don't look at it. :crazyeye:
I have exactly the same issue :lol:

Please find released addon/modmod with Civilization Groups here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=531997

Have fun and please report bugs in addon main thread :)

Posting this both here and in Extra Victory conditions. Mods are not compatible as they both edit the advance setup lua as of the latest version of EVC.

Im trying to use this with no other mods and its really buggy.

For example in the map panel i cannot select map type or map size, the drop down lists are just blank.

I have on multiple occasions, attempted to spawn a natural wonder near me using the default settings (just adding one wonder to player 1's start location) and it simply does not show up.

I have unlimited natural wonders checked in the map panel, but in the player bonus panel it still says single (default) for natural wonders.

Also when i try and play using this mod, all leader animations are disabled in diplomacy screens for some reason....

Start bias doesnt seem to work sometimes as well, zulus ending up in a jungle is weird.

The maps also seem to be very cramped (too much water) and there are very odd patches of desert and tundra sprinkled inbetween greenlands. WAY too much jungle as well. Starting in a jungle handicaps most civs as you have very limited resources and cant even start cutting them down till you get bronze working.

This mod currently has some problems with non-Firaxis maps and map mods. I'm hoping to fix the problem sometime soon. The problem can cause the map panel to stop functioning correctly if certain maps are installed. So that's also the problem with the unlimited natural wonders.

All items in this mod are only placed if it is valid to do so. Some natural wonders require very specific conditions. Usually if I want a natural wonder near my starting location I specify plenty of space (something like: min distance = 2, max distance = 10, placement = near). That way if there are no available spot close to the starting point the wonder will usually appears near by - just not close. This usually works but not always - depending on the map type some wonders may not be able to appear anywhere on the map.

I don't know what's up with the leader animations. Never heard of that problem with this mod.

As far as map changes - this mod only makes the map changes specified by you. If there is to much jungle it's either caused by your settings or by the map type that you chose.

Top Bottom