Best possible start with Spain?

Ehh... I haven't actually played that far in BNW, I played too many hours and am burned out. But apparantly Epic speed had my going on, go figure.

Anyway I took Freedom ideology, only Germany had that. I was just overtaken by Russia in Science but was still in charge of the game I felt.

Then suddenly I went from + happiness to 32 unhappiness. I am not even sure I noticed at first, it was just there. Order was the dominant ideology and it has something to do with that. I bought up a merchant CS and was bringing unhappiness down. Then my middle city on the map revolted and became English.

What can you do to combat or prevent that massive unhappiness?

Before it gets to that stage? Produce a lot more culture and tourism.
Once you're in that position? Change ideologies.

Well, about lucky start with spain... I do not say anything, but try to explore to the north at the beginning and then later, to the south. :D

(standard map size, 8 civs, 18 city-states, continents plus, prince difficulty, epic pace)

Attachments

• QuickSave.Civ5Save
    508.8 KB · Views: 164
There was a custom map where you start with every possible natural wonder at your capital location :)

i managed a T310 OCC SV with spain on OP's map on standard/standard deity. thanks !

good job reloading the start, omg u r such a good play3r u win on deity by cheating u r so good deity is best cuz they have no brain and r abused easil3y shar3 y0ur sekrets wih me u r pr0

Moderator Action: Mocking others is trolling. Please refrain from these types of posts in the future.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

That's insane. I felt like I was lucky getting the first discovery on 2 natural wonders and being able to actually settle (second city) on one of them in my last Spain game.

i create an account to thank a total stranger who shared something i enjoyed and this.

good job reloading the start, omg u r such a good play3r u win on deity by cheating u r so good deity is best cuz they have no brain and r abused easil3y shar3 y0ur sekrets wih me u r pr0

Imagine getting GBR, Skilldorado and Uluru first. That's 2500 Gold and a guaranteed religion! Add a Fountain of Youth there and curbstomp the world!

Top Bottom