Wonders affecting / manifesting themselves on worldmap

MortalWombat

Chieftain
Hello!

It would be nice to have engineering wonders that directly affected the world map, like thus:

Channel tunnel / Danyang–Kunshan Grand Bridge
Either of the above or both? Basically the same function: once completed, you get a economy bonus and can connect two continents. City would have to be on shore and the gap between continents couldn't be longer than (whatever seems appropriate). Fast unit movements + trade route.

Levee/dike
When built in a city next to a bay, you can "check" up to three hexagons, which block the bay draining it and creating a field/plains.

Lötschberg Base Tunnel
Once built in a city near mountains, you get to "check" up to two mountains, through which a railroad-tunnel would appear. Unit movement + traderoute.

Suez Canal / Panama Canal
Again, city builds the wonder and is then able to "check" three hexagons, on which the canal appears. Can be used to create a waterway through a snaky continent OR (for varietys sake) connect an inland city to the ocean. Extra commerce, ships move at halfspeed and are vulnerable to land units etc.

I know at least the canal has been suggested before in a form or another, but this list would have seemed lacking had i left it out. Thoughts, opinions, your own additions & suggestions are welcome!

My very first post, cheers!

Those would indeed be very interesting wonders. I like wonders like Petra and MofH that change your cities tiles, and these would be fun to play with.

Top Bottom