Coffee House 9
Floating Gardens 23
Mud Pyramid Mosque 8 (+1)
Paper Maker 26
Pyramid 31
Satrap's Court 17
Stele 26
Wat 21

The Ceilidh Hall usually never gets built for me. Unless I'm going tall science or culture, I don't even build Amipitheaters. It's a good building, but not for the Celts.

I love the Mud Pyramid Mosque. I had a huge warmonger Songhai empire and the puppets prioritized them. Huge faith and culture power for a monger makes me happy

Yea surprisingly though being pushed back the Mud Pyramid Mosque (still no where as far back or production intensive as the Celidh Hall though :p) I would rate higher than the Celidh hall. Simply because the AI puppet cities love to prioritize the route for them and since it is maint free and provides culture to puppets (which puppets in general avoid on their own and since liberty no longer effects puppeted cities) it actually can be very nice for Wide/warmongering empires... unlike the Celidh Hall

Bazaar 21
Burial Tomb 18
Ceilidh Hall 19
Coffee House 9
Floating Gardens 23
Mud Pyramid Mosque 7
Paper Maker 26
Pyramid 31
Satrap's Court 17
Stele 26
Wat 22

Wat : You need universities everywhere in most games. Why not wats and their free culture?

Burial Tomb : Temples aren't my priority. And free happiness buildings are nerfed due to a largest account of happiness provided from cs.

Bazaar 21
Burial Tomb 18
Ceilidh Hall 17
Coffee House 9
Floating Gardens 23
Mud Pyramid Mosque 8
Paper Maker 26
Pyramid 31
Satrap's Court 17
Stele 26
Wat 22

Current list.

Bazaar 19
Burial Tomb 18
Ceilidh Hall 17
Coffee House 9
Floating Gardens 23
Mud Pyramid Mosque 8
Paper Maker 26
Pyramid 32
Satrap's Court 17
Stele 26
Wat 22

Bazaar - Going wide on standard map means you have plenty of ressources and not enough trading partners, so usually you wont benefit much from the Bazaar when it comes.
Pyramid - Early sci and faith, ensures you can go expand fast without worrying too about libs for NC and unhappiness for new cities.

The point of the Bazaar is that you can trade resources when going Tall. Obviously it doesn't scale very well when you go wide. Some buildings are designed for a Tall strategy and others are designed for a Wide strategy. Pyramid is Wide, Bazaar is Tall.

Bazaar 19
Burial Tomb 18
Ceilidh Hall 15
Coffee House 9
Floating Gardens 23
Mud Pyramid Mosque 8
Paper Maker 26
Pyramid 33
Satrap's Court 17
Stele 26
Wat 22

Love the Pyramid, nice and early, science boost and early Faith which opens plenty of options...
Hall thingy, meh. Comes late, abit of happiness is ok, but not fussed by dribble of culture at this stage...

The point of the Bazaar is that you can trade resources when going Tall. Obviously it doesn't scale very well when you go wide. Some buildings are designed for a Tall strategy and others are designed for a Wide strategy. Pyramid is Wide, Bazaar is Tall.

True, but since Arabia benefits from going wide the Bazaar loses value. Another issue it that if you go tall all the copies will be in the hand of your opponents at some time and they will not demand your ressource.

Bazaar 19
Burial Tomb 16 (-2)
Ceilidh Hall 16 (+1)
Coffee House 9
Floating Gardens 23
Mud Pyramid Mosque 8
Paper Maker 26
Pyramid 33
Satrap's Court 17
Stele 26
Wat 22

Burial Tomb is nice, but aren't they all? Giving the enemy another reason (besides all the wonders) to take Egyptian cities is what earns the downvote, though.

Ok, so, I'm doing something wrong when I decide to go domination. Though it isn't "correct," I like to keep my social policies coming while I war, and the Ceilidh Hall allows the Celts to deal with increasing policy costs and unhappiness, perfect.

Bazaar 20 (+1)
Burial Tomb 16
Ceilidh Hall 16
Coffee House 9 (-2)
Floating Gardens 23
Mud Pyramid Mosque 8
Paper Maker 26
Pyramid 33
Satrap's Court 17
Stele 26
Wat 22

I do not know why you think bazaar is bad if you go wide. If you go wide you will have so many resourses that you cannot sell? You can always sell for GPT and also you give give 3 lux for 1 lux if the AI only have one. Also especially good in bigger maps.

Coffe house:
Good but very expensive and come a bit too late to be meaningful.

Bazaar 20
Burial Tomb 16
Ceilidh Hall 16 (+1) up voting for the same reasons as above
Coffee House 5 (-2) i never really get windmills
Floating Gardens 23
Mud Pyramid Mosque 8
Paper Maker 26
Pyramid 33
Satrap's Court 17
Stele 26
Wat 22

Bazaar 21
Burial Tomb 16
Ceilidh Hall 16
Coffee House 3
Floating Gardens 23
Mud Pyramid Mosque 8
Paper Maker 26
Pyramid 33
Satrap's Court 17
Stele 26
Wat 22

Bazaar again for all the excess gold, and I'll dump Coffee house for being underwhelming.

Bazaar 21
Burial Tomb 16
Ceilidh Hall 14 (-2) (The Worst of the UBs left in my mind it just doesn't go together with really anything - and with the Celts you would have wanted to go wide to begin with)
Coffee House 3
Floating Gardens 23
Mud Pyramid Mosque 8
Paper Maker 26
Pyramid 34 (+1) The best of the buildings in my opinion as previously stated various times. Continuing to shore up its vote
Satrap's Court 17
Stele 26
Wat 22

Bazaar 21
Burial Tomb 17 (+1)
Ceilidh Hall 14
Coffee House 3
Floating Gardens 23
Mud Pyramid Mosque 8
Paper Maker 26
Pyramid 34
Satrap's Court 15 (-2)
Stele 26
Wat 22

Dont get me wrong I think the Satrap's court is amazing, but I had to ding something, and it is on the expensive side and shouldnt necessarily be in every city.

Burial tomb is dirt cheap, and boosts faith and happiness. Should be in all cities.

Bazaar 21
Burial Tomb 17
Ceilidh Hall 14
Coffee House 1 (-2) Before G&K came out I was pumped to play as Austria. Crazy UA, Interesting UU, AWESOME UB! +25% Great people!! Stacks with Gardens! Then I actually played as them... and got maybe 1 extra great person a game... maybe. Floating Gardens 23
Mud Pyramid Mosque 8
Paper Maker 27 (+1) Mo Money, Mo Problems (for China's neighbors).
Pyramid 34
Satrap's Court 15
Stele 26
Wat 22

Bazaar 21
Burial Tomb 18
Ceilidh Hall 14
Coffee House -1
Floating Gardens 23
Mud Pyramid Mosque 8
Paper Maker 27
Pyramid 34
Satrap's Court 15
Stele 26
Wat 22

i put coffee house out ... honestly it is the most useless building by far...
Burial tomb ... no maintenance +2 happiness this building is THE reason egyptian have an advantage by going wide ... so ya i like it and when i play egyptian i generaly build one in ALL my cities ... more over we all love pillaging egyptian cities because of it no ? ;)

on the other hand you really think that mud pyramid is less useful than the bazaar ?

I have updated the OP with the deletion of the Coffeehouse

Bazaar 21
Burial Tomb 18
Ceilidh Hall 15
Floating Gardens 23
Mud Pyramid Mosque 8
Paper Maker 27
Pyramid 34
Satrap's Court 15
Stele 26
Wat 22

Last vote for the hall didn't add (but that post did subtract from the coffee house, so it's still in the grave).

Bazaar 21
Burial Tomb 18
Ceilidh Hall 13 (-2)
Floating Gardens 23
Mud Pyramid Mosque 8
Paper Maker 27
Pyramid 34
Satrap's Court 15
Stele 27 (+1)
Wat 22

Celidh hall is just too deep in the culture line of buildings to be that useful. By contrast, Steles will get built in every city. It's like Ethiopia gets free temples that require zero tech.

Top Bottom