Rage quit when winning

If I play prince, I could win a domination game on a large map with everyone against me! Prince is soo easy once you're use to diety

I forgot to mention I was playing as Japan

I love Civ V war system. Where terrain matters and tactical decisions on unit placement are made. Civ 4 is primitive - get your stack if doom as thick as you can and annihilate everybody. Boring.

Believe it or not, my Civ V "stack of doom" consists of 2 melee and 4 range immortal units (w/ GG). Starting with swordsmen and composite bowmen and ending with mech infantry and machine guns having all the promotions acquired through ages. I don't use artillery units at all.

How can you have a Civ V "stack of doom"? You can't stack anything (except a worker/settler with a military unit but that's no help). I wasn't suggesting that CiV needs to allow stacking just that if you accidentally send your siege unit the wrong place through a misclick you can't send another unit to protect it (which is the solution I would use on earlier versions of Civ, though misclicks happened less often on those for me).
Though the best solution for the SOD problem I think would have been to return to the mechanics of Civ2 where if you defeat one unit in a stack all of them perish (there were exceptions for within cities and forts). That allowed you to have a unit that would protect from each unit category and yet give an incentive to not bunch all your units together.
After all rarely would an army consist of just one type of soldier be it cavalry, pikeman, tanks, etc. There would be a grouping of different types so that an attack of pikeman wouldn't slaughter the cavalry right away for example.

I often think I'm moving unit A but then unit B moves, because the screen jumped to unit A without selecting it.
Sometimes that happens when I press C (center unit) or W (wait)while the cam is moving to another unit. Most of the time this doesn't matter much, just my ship moving to a different location without consequences, but every now and then it causes my treb to go to a place where I can't reach the enemy city or my worker to cross a river I don't want to cross. In both cases it costs me two turns to adjust it and that's just really crappy.

I won't rage quit. I usually quit when bored.

How can you have a Civ V "stack of doom"? You can't stack anything (except a worker/settler with a military unit but that's no help). I wasn't suggesting that CiV needs to allow stacking just that if you accidentally send your siege unit the wrong place through a misclick you can't send another unit to protect it (which is the solution I would use on earlier versions of Civ, though misclicks happened less often on those for me).
Though the best solution for the SOD problem I think would have been to return to the mechanics of Civ2 where if you defeat one unit in a stack all of them perish (there were exceptions for within cities and forts). That allowed you to have a unit that would protect from each unit category and yet give an incentive to not bunch all your units together.
After all rarely would an army consist of just one type of soldier be it cavalry, pikeman, tanks, etc. There would be a grouping of different types so that an attack of pikeman wouldn't slaughter the cavalry right away for example.

My "stack of doom" had quotation marks and you missed the point.

Well you called it a stack of doom and said it consisted of 6 units (2 of one kind and 4 of another). I'm assuming you mean not in one square but the group you attack a city with.
I understand some of the idea behind the no-stacking (getting rid of the ridiculous SODs, making terrain a more important feature). I'm just not a big fan of it. I agree that something had to be done about the SOD's. However if your siege weapons have to be next to city to attack (due to hills or forest/jungle) then it's just unprotected. That's ridonculous.
At no point in military history would someone leave artillery unprotected and not be considered a dunce. I suggested one way to still be able to protect units while reducing the SOD (the Civ2 -one dies they all die way of dealing with stacks) another would be to limit the # of units in one tile.
TBH I've been playing G+K all summer and the only things that aren't inferior IMO to Civ4 are the City States and Religion mechanics.

Top Bottom