Ever increasing Boarders!

Beechnut

Chieftain
I am creating a scenario where each civ gets one city. I would like the boarders of their one city to expand regularly (sp) at a stead, fairly frequent rate. Eventually I'd like once city's boarders to bump up against another city's boarder, even if the two civs are a continent apart on a large map.

I've added culter to all buildings and tried tweeking the values, but so far I can only get one boarder expansion after the first turn, and then that's it.

Help!

S.

Well, the culture values for border expansion are (IIRC)

And then it stops. So... how large do you want the cities to become? The only way to realistically do this is to make an improvement start by generating 50 culture per turn, (if possible) and then make the years go by by incriments of 100, to speed up the time for it to double into 100 culture per turn.

I'll try that. I don't see where to adjust the rate of time that passes each turn under the editor.

Where would I find that?

nevermind. found it

That didnt' quite work, the growth will eventually stop. DOn't want that until it hits the ocean or another boarder pushing back. Don't care how big cities get.

It seems as I can get the 6 expansions done in the first turn. After that, CIV III doesn't seem to allow any more boarder expansion.

Am I stuck with those 6 expansions. Can I change it?

S

Beechnut said:
It seems as I can get the 6 expansions done in the first turn. After that, CIV III doesn't seem to allow any more boarder expansion.

Am I stuck with those 6 expansions. Can I change it?

S
Yes. You are stuck with those 6 expansions. No, you can't change it. Hard coded.

Here's what a couple of variables do under the "culture" section of the "general settings" tab in the editor. I've actually taken the details from the help file, but thought they'd be useful - especially the first one.

Border Factor (Culture Level Properties)
Determines the rate at which borders expand due to the effects of culture. Lower values allow city borders to expand at a quicker pace than higher values.

This value is an exponential calculation based on culture points. There are 6 levels of border expansion and under the default Border Factor of 10, they occur at 0, 10, 100, 1000, 10000, 100000.

Level Multiplier (Culture Level Properties)
Determines a player’s cultural level, based on their culture points. Each level is calculated by multiplying the Level Multiplier by two. For example, Civ III has 6 cultural levels. Under the default level multiplier of 1000, the values for these cultural levels are 1000, 2000, 4000, 8000, 16000, and 32000.

Top Bottom