Game crash - Peace treaty including city

Amorgann

Chieftain
This just starting happening a few weeks ago. It occurred on two separate machines and two separate saves.

If I agree to a peace treaty which includes one of his cities, the game crashes.
If I agree to a peace treaty that doesn't include a city, the game works fine

The only add-on I have is EUI

Could you attach one of your saves to your post? It'd help with debugging the crash.

Well, I loaded up the game, immediately negotiated peace with Denmark in exchange for one of his cities (Roskilde), and the game didn't crash: I puppeted the city, then continued playing the turn without any issues. I also only had EUI enabled.

Hmm, I'll try it again when I get home today.

Whenever I accept his offer of Roskilde, the screen freezes on his face and the game crashed. Happened on my laptop and my desktop.

This is the second straight save where this happened in the late game and it's getting frustrating.

The game will sometimes create a minidump (.mdmp) file in the base Civ5 directory when it crashes. If your game is still crashing and the game generated a minidump at the time of the crash (you'll know because the file's "last modified" date will be the time of the crash), uploading that minidump file here could also help.

Found it, hope it helps

Attachments

• civilizationv_dx11_403694_crash_2016_4_5T2_3_37C0.mdmp
    244.4 KB · Views: 84
That minidump is corrupted, see if you can find or generate another one (they get generated when the game crashes). If that is also corrupted, it may be an issue that is not related to the game, e.g. drivers or hardware; the fact that this only started happening now after what I assume are at least months of playing the game, that I could not replicate it on my desktop (which has quite a different hardware setup than what the ASCII data in the minidump says about your laptop, the ASCII data was the only thing I could recover from the minidump), and that it has happened multiple times in different games (usually really rare crashes will occur in a single game and then never again) all back up this theory. Debugging is going to be a nightmare, but if you noticed anything else odd about your machine(s) as of late and/or you vaguely remember installing a new set of drivers around the time that you started experiencing this crash, that's where you should start looking.

I have the same problem.

Here is the minidump file and the savegame!

Attachments

• civilizationv_403694_crash_2016_5_21T1_21_52C0.mdmp
    139.5 KB · Views: 80
  • AutoSave_0260 AD-1750.Civ5Save
    1.1 MB · Views: 79
I have the same problem.

Here is the minidump file and the savegame!

Loaded up the save, went through peace deal to acquire Edinburgh, played out the rest of the turn, no crash.

According to the minidump, the game's Lua engine tried getting background information on the game, but was directed to a wrong section of the game's code, at which point the crash happened. Try verifying your game's cache through Steam to make sure you're using the version of Lua51_Win32.dll whose headers were used when compiling the game.

Top Bottom