Umm... is this allowed?

nemesis464

Chieftain

I thought the min distance that cities could be apart was 3 spaces between.

Isn't allowed but are you playing vanilla civ5?

Isn't allowed but are you playing vanilla civ5?
Dutch is not a vanilla civ, truffles lux resource also appeared in G&K (right?)
So yes, this is interesting.
nemesis464,
Just to make sure - this is a random game, not a scenario like into the renessance or conquest of the world deluxe?
And why you trimmed your screenshot?
I want a proof that this is an unmodded game.

^ Ah, I think that might be what it is. It's a 'play Europe' scenario, so they might have tweaked the city spacing.

Oh, and it's not a trimmed screenshot, it's a phone camera pic ;)

As poster said above, it's a play Europe mod where the distance between cities is decreased to allow a busier and more populated Europe.

On topic of city spacing and mods; the community mod (at least VEM & GEM) also allowed that tight city spacing.

It's actually the biggest disagreement I have with the community mod. My own mod is in the other direction which I find improves AI city placement.

I see that OP used a phone camera instead of screen shot; that does seem easier than converting the weird format that Civ V uses for screen shots into jpeg.

On topic of city spacing and mods; the community mod (at least VEM & GEM) also allowed that tight city spacing.

It's actually the biggest disagreement I have with the community mod. My own mod is in the other direction which I find improves AI city placement.

I see that OP used a phone camera instead of screen shot; that does seem easier than converting the weird format that Civ V uses for screen shots into jpeg.

Could always just use a printscreen or a steam screenshot.

Could always just use a printscreen or a steam screenshot.

Civ V screenshot is not a standard jpg but instead is in a weird file format that requires 3rd party software to be downloaded to convert into a jpg.

I've seen this happen once in a recent game I had. And I got all DLCs and expansions. Even thought about posting it here, but I don't remember which was the game anymore.

Happens all the time to me. The A.I. can settle much closer to your cities than you can to theirs.

Top Bottom