Indonesia.

Darizuka

Chieftain
Well aside from wrongly pronouncing "Gajah" in "Gajah Mada" I am playing a pangaea style map. With as much enemies as I can. Its weird to say that I am located towards the north, just shy of the barren icy wastelands.. But just above me is India. This is the first time I am in a game with India. And yes, Gandhi seems like one shady motherfacker! His words are sweetened by his honeyed words.. But deep down he is as fiery as the blazing hot and spicy curry. (Not trying to be racist. Just couldn't find another way to describe him)

On my left is Morocco On my right is the King of Siam... And just south of me is Rome.And the rest is far far away.Well.. Now.. I'm wondering if I missed out on that special civilization bonus of island spice.. Since I can't seem to get any.And... I quickly expanded my city and build 7 towns by (120 turns) I know.. Its slow.. But atleast I kept Gandhi's border in check, Rome's border in check, Thailand (Siam) in check. And I don't mind the Moroccans.

Gandhi and I Became friends, of which I positioned many troops on his border incase he tries anything funny. We're still at the age of using swords so.. Yeah!

And I have a lot of Kris Swordsman at Caesar's doorsteps and also at Thailand's doors... I'm ignoring Morroco for now.Right now Thailand's leader is a bit mad at me, to which I read was because I built some wonders before him and I expanded in an area he wanted... Yeah I know, he's being a whiny crybaby.

So what should I do now? I'm in good terms with Gandhi, City state around me love me. (Also which Thailand got y since I became allies with a town before him)... Oh! This is the first game I make extensive use of roads! And such. So... What do you all suggest I do? Who should I war first with? India? Thailand? Rome? Morocco?I like hearing input from everyone...

I would wait till getting ideologies, because then, afterwards it basically is a world war.
U never know, the person who u war with might adopt the same ideology.

anyway, I'm in good terms with Gandhi
so u can ignore him for now, he shouldnt backstab u if there are some positive diplomatic remarks.

Morroco shouldnt be a threat atm since they are not likely to war.

Does thailand have a larger army and bigger threat than rome? How is ur relationship with rome?

I would say war on Siam but u have to take in account of their city locations, allied states, friends(Rome could be one) and whether it is worth it to invade Siam.

Basically just war on the person u hate most.

Either Rammy as he doesn't like you, or Augustus as he will back-stab you at one point. Not Gandhi for now as he's your friend. Try to get Gandhi in on your warmonger action so you remain friends(and everyone else for that matter).

Get Rome to join you against Siam. Rammy will denounce you eventually no matter what you do, he's just a jerk like that. Augustus likes to use his classical era UUs so he's probably itching for war. Legions are more than a match for your Kris, better to wait until upgrade since yours carry over and his do not. Once you get to steel or gunpowder you'll have a major advantage. Some of those Kris promotions are OP. Hope for a couple Invulnerability, Restlessness or Recruitment units. Those are the really good ones.

Once you guys tag team Rammy into oblivion (make sure Augustus takes a few cities if possible) denounce Rome. Hopefully India denounces him too and you can get India to join you against Rome when you're ready.

Ghandi is usually cool until the late game. He'll wait until he gets nukes to backstab you if at all. I'd take him out third or fourth depending on who else you meet later.

Someone took tye shohone tribe homeland farr away...
But thai takes the cake for territory so far.
I guess i'll denounce him first to instigate him into war.
Guess i have to build lots of troops down south

Update:
I became a triumphvirate with ghandi and dido.
Rameses like me.. kinda.
Shaka asked me to help him wipe shoshone. I agree... to find their base. Since shaka took their main capital.
Siam denounced me.
Im trying to get him embargo-ed
Morocco and venice is mad about that

Update 2:
Dido convinced me to war with ashia and she single handedly almost wiped them out
Venice are friends
I regret helping zulu's war
Shoshone gave me a city. Niw we are best of friends
Everyone denounce zulu
Eceryone denounce siam
Morroco suddenly denounced me
I am leading economy xD

Someone took tye shohone tribe homeland farr away...
But thai takes the cake for territory so far.
I guess i'll denounce him first to instigate him into war.
Guess i have to build lots of troops down south

Worst. Poetry. Ever. :)

On a more productive note, UA is Unique Ability. Gajah Madah can't get use out of his on Pangaea, as you need to be on a different landmass to get the bonuses.

Might be able to find some crummy islands down the road to settle on. They do show up in pangaea sometimes. Unfortunately Indonesia just is not built for Pangaea.

Still, even without the UA, the UB and UU are both really good. The Candi just produce a ridiculous amount of faith in the late game. You can buy so many great people. I like to go piety and take the "glory of God" belief so I can faith buy all the GPs and the peace gardens belief is awesome for Indonesia since you'll most likely build your UB in every city anyway. Go wide and run away with the game.

Even Pangaeas usually have a few islands off the supercontinent, so you can found cities there. The locations may not actually be that good however.

I found one big island and is sharing it with 2 city states
So yeah got nutmeg

Siam and i warred. I took 3 cities and they asked for peace giving me 2 more cities
Now they are left with only 2. The 2nd main one is surrounded cometely by my army and territory.
Yeah!!!
Morocco is becoming a pain in the arse though

Top Bottom