A very interesting game scenario HELP

mclericp

Warlord
I m freaked out by this. My military 3x weaker than Mr Khan because i put all the effort in other stuff. It is on IMMORTAL difficulty.

I have the highest GPT thanks to education tech trading :D

BUT then a wild Mongolian horde appeared on my doorstep with catapult etc. So i blocked them in a very well defended pass like themopylae.

1. I dont think Mongolia is after me, but rather after Sydney. After all it is the 2nd city state he met. Additionally it has been 5 turns since his troops show up at my border and he is just chilling around there.

2. He is certainly not after russia either since his troops were lingering near me and him and Russia had friendship declaration, not to mention Russia is number 2 army...

If my troops block his only path to Sydney, will he declare war on me just to get past?
Spoiler :

Btw Sydney is the city state next to my capital Nilfgaard. And there are quite some more mongolian troops in the Fog of War

NEW SCREENIE

Wow...SO MUCH TENSION NOW
Spoiler :

then....
Ethiopia and the presumed bribed russia launched war.
I dont think i can win this time tbh. Their combined strength is twice as mine and it looks like Siam is gonna join in, since they denounced me.

Spoiler :

i m very curious how this war will turn out.

From this screen it looks like he's going after Catherine.. Either way I don't often see the AI DOW just to get past your borders.

In my current game I had a DOF with Rome and they sent a large army to hang out near my borders, I think they were just waiting for it to expire so they could launch an attack. That might be the case here with Russia

From this screen it looks like he's going after Catherine.. Either way I don't often see the AI DOW just to get past your borders.

i dont think he is after catherine since....

i got new screenie. U will understand why he isnt after caty.

I THINK

GENGHIS AND CATY ARE BOTH AFTER ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But Catherine is mad. I buffed up my military to no.1(zulu is number 2)
She still dares to attack me???????

It has been 3 turns since caty turns up on my doorstep. She doesnt do anything too. I think she is after someone else eg India?????
Why else isnt she attacking me?

You built additional units and/or moved units into view, which has caused her to pause to reassess (i.e., the algorithm the AI uses is spinning like a hamster wheel). Unless you want her to DOW, you need to keep making that decision hard for her. She might be susceptible to a bribe to DOW Genghis or another target (or perhaps you can bribe Genghis or another AI (Zulus?) to DOW her).

Yeah, they both wanted to invade but you've stopped that. If Poland is doing well, you could try playing them off of Russia. That could cripple Russia long enough for you to sneak another era ahead so you won't need any more units. Even if Catherine comes out a clear winner, you should be too far ahead to catch.

Should i invade Russia then? RUssia's lands ARE full of goodies like dyes etc. Not one but plenty of many kinds of luxuries. There is even 4 wheat near one city.

Russia's military is slightly more than mine now and i have just invaded Egypt and took Thebes, and guess what, my neighbour is the number 1 army Zulus.

I dont know what to do now, on my west there is the zulu and carthage who are neutral, far east i have a very very pissed and powerful Siam and north i got russia and mongolia.

Decisions are so tough x.x

Never perform land invasion on Moscow!

;)

Well personally I would stay on defense, but I am borderline pacifist in this game :lol: Or rather I am not pacifist, I am simply evil politician who only attacks when three conditions are met:

1) My empire will have nice looking borders after the conquest :lol: I love being obsessive perfectionist soo much :p
2) Enemy has really, really valuable things :p or defeating him may be geopolitically useful
3) My new conquered lands can be defended and maintained.

To be honest, I wouldn't attack because to conquer Russia you would have to sent 100% of your military forces, and Shaka is your neighbour :I

By the way, what map are you playing on? I like its size - I launched Play the World map and it's cool but realising how GIANT it is took me few hours - too big.

You do want to avoid a two- or three-front war against multiple opponents. Pick whichever neighbor is the greatest long-term threat and/or easiest to kill quickly, and attack them. But also bribe your other rival/neighbor to DOW someone else, to reduce the likelihood that they invade while you are occupied elsewhere.

1st screenshot: Oh, that doesn't look so bad. You have a pretty big army and a lot of composite bows, so it doesn't really look like Ghengis can hurt you too much right now.

2nd screenshot: OMG RUSSIA!

The world has a lot of troops and is about to erupt in war. Once the wars start, there's no going back to a peaceful world until some conquest has happened. Winter is coming. You have a tremendous economy for this stage in the game. I'd strongly recommend bribing AIs in to declaring war with one another, because you don't want multiple computers declaring war on you. Set the wars up on your terms instead of on the computer's terms.

I was in a similar situation where all the ais made a dow on me right after I killed off one of the ais.

While Civ IV often DOWed to get past boundaries imposed by not having open borders; the Civ V AI prefers to just route around.

I'm more amazed at the gold per turn and the happiness that early in the game.

I can never get stuff like that. But I play on Prince and Epic speed.

Now you definitely need a war between Catherine and Casimir assuming she won't just walk through Poland withn turns. If you want to invade Russia, you either need her or Shaka to be at war and as soon as Carthage is gone, Shaka will attack you. The best scenario is play Poland and Russia off when Shaka attacks Carthage. Then blitz Russia and get your army cak down to defend from when Shaka finishes Dido

I'm more amazed at the gold per turn and the happiness that early in the game.

I can never get stuff like that. But I play on Prince and Epic speed.

It is easy :D

Babylon, beeline Education, Sell all the techs, research newer techs, sell newer techs.
If i look at my GPT overview, it says 187 gold from other civs.

Which means once i declare war with whoever, there goes my gpt.

UPDATE
Ok, i took Thebes and Heliopolis from Egypt so he has only 1 mini city Elephantine left. Is it wise to leave it like this? Elephantine has 2 salts which is a real goodie for my empire but if i completely eliminate him i think i would get heavy penalties.

Poland in any circumstances refused to war with Russia(i try bribing etc but he wont agree to ANYTHING).

Should i just maintain a strong defense in case the zulus or Siam attack me?

And to the guy couple of posts above: I use GIANT MAP from yet not another earth.

It is easy :D

Babylon, beeline Education, Sell all the techs, research newer techs, sell newer techs.
If i look at my GPT overview, it says 187 gold from other civs.

I'm assuming this is a mod of some sort, since you can't sell techs in an unmodded game.

OH WOW
the unthinkable happened.

Ethiopia declared war on me for no reason, we had friendship. AND IT looks like he bribed russia too. I m now gonna fight on 2 fronts and i think i might lose.

Screenies in 1st post

Top Bottom