What's wrong with the Ivy Schools nowadays!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's also consider who was calling me out for this first. It was none other than caketastydelish who is on record expressing admitting that he hates Muslims and Arabs. Someone who has shown an inordinate pride in his "Aryan" heritage.
I hate neither, I was joking with you, and you were joking back. "aryan" is a BS term, I don't hate Muslims or Arabs, they're one of the most discriminated groups in the united states (probably other western countries as well) and unfairly so.

The 'anti arab/muslim' comments that Masada is actually referring to were made in fifty chat, a place were OT regulars act like idiots, and parody idiots for satirical effect. Funny thing is, Masada did the same thing in that very conversation in which I parodied a racist Persian, he parodied an anti-western Muslim that celebrates September 11.

So let's recoup:

1. "Aryan" is not a real thing, at least not per scientific perspective, which frankly is the only one that holds merit.

2. I have nothing against Muslims/Arabs, if anything I am quite sympathetic to both groups based on how I've seen them treated in the United States, especially a redneck/conservative small town such as the one I live in.

3. Masada does not actually celebrate September 11, he was also joking.

Someone whose views it seems so well align with Quacker's own that he can comfort him by saying "Don't let the flamers get to you. You are excellent." This is the company you find yourself in. For shame.

I don't agree with Quackers, I just feel sorry for him. Quackers has been far nicer to me than several of you.

Black Pete is really, really goddam racist, though. It is literal, unambiguous blackface. So if you find yourself in a country where this is possible, if you find yourself in a country where racists can strengthen their position by staging open-air minstrel shows, if you find yourself in a country where this sentence makes any sense whatsoever, then, honestly? There's nothing let to do but enact the Ripley Doctrine.

I looked up black pete on wikipedia and for once, I agree with you. It's pretty shocking that that's still around, especially in the Netherlands which is supposedly a very liberal place.

Somehow I don't think someone who can cheer Quacker's on is acting in good faith when talking about racism.

I'd also note that caketastydelish can't even recall basic material facts surrounding our conversation like it being #nes and not #fiftychat.

But w/e. I'm not going to split hairs. I'm not a racist. I don't hate white people. I just have a sardonic sense of humor.

caketastydelish said:
I looked up black pete on wikipedia and for once, I agree with you. It's pretty shocking that that's still around, especially in the Netherlands which is supposedly a very liberal place.
Naw, not really. It's something that nobody really reflects on all that much because of its age/ubiquity. It's still racist as hell though and makes people of color in the Netherlands nervous as hell. Morris dancing is sort of in the same boat.

Somehow I don't think someone who can cheer Quacker's on is acting in good faith when talking about racism.

Even though me and Quackers have differing views, he's always been nice to me, and whether someone is personally nice to me is far more important than ideology.

I'd also note that caketastydelish can't even recall basic material facts surrounding our conversation like it being #nes and not #fiftychat.

haha, whatever

He'd probably want to deport you if you lived in Britain.

He'd probably want to deport you if you lived in Britain.

I'd want to deport him to if he lived in the United States (seriously) but since neither of those things are occurring, there's no hard feelings between us.

"He wants to murder me, but can't reach me, therefore I am safe"

Heh.

"He wants to murder me, but can't reach me, therefore I am safe"

Heh.

Except he doesn't actually want to murder me, and yeah, that sort of makes a difference.

Anyway, I think Quackers is more misinformed than racist. His problems with immigrants are not 'brown and blacks taking over' but complaints that racially diverse communities will lead to more violence in general, which I personally disagree with that claim.

People with this mentality love to quote homogeneous Japan as their argument (as Quackers did in that thread) but they don't realize the reason for Japan being the way it is has almost nothing to do with with the homogeneous of the people, and everything to do with the culture of that particular country.

edit: I'm also going to have to go on to the record and ask Quackers if he would actually want to deport me. If he says yes, then I'll join the tide against him. Sent a PM and asked him to post here, since you basically spoke for him saying he would want me deported. That's what it comes down to, isn't it? Either that's actually true, or it isn't.

Except he doesn't actually want to murder me, and yeah, that sort of makes a difference.

in·ten·tion
inˈtenCHən
noun
a thing intended; an aim or plan.
"she was full of good intentions"
plural noun: someone's intentions; plural noun: one's intentions

I'm questioning that Quackers actually has the intention of wishing me deported in the first place.

... the fact that you actually have to ask him to clarify his views ought to be concerning enough.

It's more to prove to you that he wouldn't want me deported.

So you run with someone who might want to deport you?

I am pretty much 100% certain that he wouldn't want to deport me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom