Cannot access culture overview

As the title says, I noticed that I cannot access the culture overview screen. Clicking on the button does nothing. This is rather problematic since it completely bars me from a victory type. I have tons of mods, so I'm not quite sure where the issue would lie.

Unrelated, but the scroll bar has also disappeared from the civilization select screen. I can still choose them from advanced setup, so it's not a big deal, but maybe the issue is involved in some way?

Yeah, I knew I'd have to show some log, just didn't know which. Here's the database one from some random test game:

http://pastebin.com/cpSy0AAX

Curiously, the game exploded my computer when Mussolini was randomed. Hopefully that one was just a freak accident unrelated to a mod.

Curiously, the game exploded my computer when Mussolini was randomed. Hopefully that one was just a freak accident unrelated to a mod.

Mods about fascist dictators tend to do that if you don't intentfully choose them :p

I'm not sure why that would happen, but if it becomes a frequent occurrence, please let me know. However, I don't expect it'll have much to do with the mod (aside from conspiracy theories).

Now, on to the logs...

So many avoidable errors; it's as though the mod authors don't check the database logs before releasing (and so many lazy implementations of text; makes reading actual errors very tedious).

By the looks of things, though, I would suspect the mod that adds the "BUILDING_INUKSUK" is causing the civ selection error. Do you know which mod that is?

As for the CultureOverview, it will be a mod that edits that panel in a conflicting way. Please post your Lua.log now, as that might help narrow down the exact conflict.

Yup, reading the Lua log basically confirms that the civ selection issue is with Hiram's old Inuit mod. The line:

Code:
Assets\UI\FrontEnd\GameSetup\UniqueBonuses.lua:218: attempt to call field '?' (a nil value)

Means that there is a missing unique, and in the database log it says that the BUILDING_INUKSUK is an invalid reference, which means the actual building doesn't exist but is still being referenced elsewhere (in this case, in the buildingclass override table).

And the CultureOverview issue lies with Tuscany. I'll inform Sukritact of this, but if you remove the mod in the meantime, it should be fine.

Well, it's not his mod, but he updated it. And odd that Tuscany is the problem, since it's worked before with them in the game.

It may be more that Tuscany's conflicting with another mod that also edits the CultureOverview in particular. I know that my Armenia and the Franks, and a few of Leugi's mods, edit the CultureOverview, too. I was originally getting the exact same error that Tuscany is getting with the Franks and Armenia (with no other mods enabled, too), so I changed it to a new method; which I've recommended Sukritact do, too.

Paraguay apparently had a bug or something that affected the culture overview, but disabling it did not help after updating it. I also tried disabling Tuscany, and still nothing. All enabled/disabled combinations with those two were tested.

Here is the latest lua log from a test game with both of the suspected troublemakers disabled:
http://pastebin.com/q7L58KLg

Nope, using the More Civs Mexico. And I casted out the old Inuit already. I didn't know how much I missed the scroll bar until it was there.

Top Bottom