Alien World Mod development thread

SerriaFox

King
I'm thinking of building an alien worlds mod, and wanted to know if there would be any interest (You can also read this to say any help). This is not to be reworking of SMAC like the planet fall mod.

Basically the Human player has reach another world inhabited by an alien race in the high middle ages. While the humans have very advanced knowledge they do lack some basic knowledge about the planet.

Handicaps:

The humans player has no knowledge of alien agriculture, hunting, etc. (to be somewhat expensive), this mean that the player must research agg to grow. Advance weapons the humans know how to build require an expensive factories to build (balancing agent).
Human limited to about 4 or 5 units early, while the units will be strong versus the aliens they can't build more until later in the game.

New resource:

It is my intent to keep earth resource through new units, so new animal and plant resource would need to be created.
For example:

Cattle Rancher: requires a gene bank and processing center to be built, can built cattle ranch

Cattle Ranch: built by cattle rancher, provides resource cattle, act like a cattle resource tile with the following exceptions: 1% chance per turn to seed, or "discover", cattle on that plot and convert to a pasture, a 10% chance per turn to fail and disappear without leaving the cattle resource behind.
numbers used may need to be changes

Anyone else thinks this sounds cool.

I do believe this is a good Idea!.

I would be the next stage on a game, after a Space Race victory, you can come and play this mod, and then you could go and play Final Frontier.

But it would be hard (at best) to implement...

Awsome idea for the mod.Two styles of playing and they could be very balanced.

It sounds like fun: Earth invading Mars (or any other world) instead of the other way around. I hope you will really make this mod, since there are lots of alien mod threads on this site, but most of them never get turned into a mod.

Interesting idea, sounds like Colonization but on an alien world?

Would there be a homeworld connection or are they cut off?

I would definitely have them cut-off, giving the humans a boast every so often would be to powerful.

Now I was wonder what sort of aliens I would have.

Motion studies done on computer have shown that four limbs is the best form of locomotion for anything above insect level, infact more than 6 legs is down-right wasteful of energy.

I see several possibilities for the aliens:
1) 2-legs,2-arms:
scales, skin, fur, feathers
2) 2-legs,4-arms:
3) 4-legs, 2 arms:

And one other variant based of the fact that in a heavy world with a thick atmosphere wings could support much more weight:

4) 2-legs, 2-wings, and 2-arms:

Which one do you think you like to see?
Keep in mind that number 1 would probably be the easy (therefore most likely to get done) with scalely skin tones

And one other variant based of the fact that in a heavy world with a thick atmosphere wings could support much more weight:

4) 2-legs, 2-wings, and 2-arms:

I don't want to sound like a nerd or something, but a world with such atmosfere would likely be not choosen by mankind to be settled.

But yeah! I would love to see some big flying whales and 100 meter tall mushrooms ;)

Top Bottom