Ancient Maya Scenario

FramedArchitect

Reluctant Modder
This scenario places you on the throne of a powerful Maya Kingdom in 1000BC, and allows you to guide your people through the rise and fall of classical Maya civilization. You have until 1000AD (150 Turns) to unify the Maya as they never were in history, either by capturing all rival capitals or founding a unified Maya religion and spreading it to every city. In order to win the scenario, you must survive the calamitous events of the Classic Collapse, a time of great troubles marked by foreign invasion, famine and perpetual war.

Download
Ancient Maya Scenario for G&K (v.8)

Scenario Features
* Play as one of six great Maya Kingdoms: Tikal, Calakmul, Palenque, Yaxchilan, Copan or Coba.
* All new Tech Tree, Buildings, Units and Policies reflect Maya culture.
* New resources, including Feathers, Jade, Obsidian and Cacao, capture the feel of Mesoamerica.
* Ten new Pantheon Beliefs dedicated to important Maya gods, and eight new Founder and Follower Beliefs add variety and authenticity to Religion.
* A series of scripted events reflect the upheavals of the Classic Collapse, and will greatly challenge your Kingdom.
* Special thanks to Danrell, for almost all the unit models in this mod!

This was my first mod, begun nearly two years ago, so I apologize for all its imperfections. However, I believe this is a much better mod now than the original Vanilla version, as it includes a few interesting new mechanics and suffers none of its quirks and crashes.

Attachments

• Civ_Load2.jpg
    Civ_Load2.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 816
  • Victory_Religious.jpg
    Victory_Religious.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 935
  • Unit_Variety.jpg
    Unit_Variety.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 1,021
Honestly, I'm getting tired of Apocalypses... Actually the world ends every day... to some people

I've noticed that any kind of "doomsday" scenario placed up on the Steam Workshop is instantly popular, even if poorly executed. Maybe this is related to people's interest in disaster movies?

The irony is that the Classic Maya collapse was a real "doomsday" scenario, with starvation, political upheaval, foreign invaders and endemic war. I guess the Maya seem foreign to us, so therefore less relevant...

On a side note, here, the little lua routines I devised to create the Maya collapse could very easily be used to create a doomsday event in a more contemporary setting. I would be thrilled to see a finely-tuned apocalypse scenario with events of this kind.

Wow very nice, since i have a fable for mesoamercian history and especially the mayan calendar and its religion.
This could prohably the first scenario i will play...

Wow very nice, since i have a fable for mesoamercian history and especially the mayan calendar and its religion.
This could prohably the first scenario i will play...

Scenarios have always been my favorite aspect of Civ. I remember a terrific mod for Civ4 that focused on the Yemeni lands that sparked my desire to learn more about the history and geography of the arab world.

Top Bottom