Difficulty between Warlord and King?

NintendoTogepi

Noble Pacifist
I think there should be one.

On Warlord I can win quite easily, but on King I get destroyed.

They should have included a Noble difficulty between the two. It's far too big of a gap.

They could have used quite a few more difficult levels.

It'd be like if Civ4 went Settler - Warlord - Prince - Emperor - Deity.

I had the same problem, but basically, I just "graduated" myself too quickly. Play more on warlord, you'll get better.

Well, sometimes King is as easy as Warlord, other times, it will make you know whose the real King of Kings, the AI random

What do you all do? Do you put your cities on some weird custom resource template? I find it hard to believe that anyone could be really struggling with this. Maybe we should make a thread explaining what people are having trouble with instead of just saying its to hard. Thats not a bad idea actually lol. Ill go make one.

P.S. sorry if the post seems a bit spiteful, boastful and/or pitiful. I don't mean it in that way.

One thing you can do if your getting stomped when you try to move up a difficulty level is sit back and examine why your getting stomped. Is it lack of a strong enough military in the early game? Too slow on expanding? Slow tech rate? Lack of gold? etc, etc.

Once you identify your issue(s) you can drop back down a difficulty level and spend a game or 2 really focusing on making those aspects of your game stronger. Even though you don't need to be better at them on the lower difficulty level to win, becoming better at them will enable you to make a smoother transition to the higher difficulty level.

When I could win on Warlord with my eyes closed, I got destroyed on King. Then I read some strategies, especially the deity ones to know the why behind decisions. One of the things that helped for me: micromanage the first couple of turns. It sounds geeky, but you don't have to keep it up the entire game. I can now have a challenging game on deity and win.

To me, the key is to put your workers all to production and get warriors out there to scout. Don't grow just yet. Raid barbarian villages for money and try getting up to 100 gold as fast as possible to get a free settler. You can then put that new city to science while you let your capital grow one and set it to science again. Once your cities grow beyond 5 you can keep it balanced. You'll storm out the gates on King like this.

I tried a game on King and the game was telling me I had the advantage against the AI in about 20 battles... all which I lost while half of his forces remained. So, I'm wondering if there's an issue with the random number generator for the battles. I can understand losing a few times while having the advantage, but it was getting ridiculous. Unless there's some hidden thing that it's using to calculate the real advantage.

The RNG (Random Number Generator) algorithm used has been shown to be about as perfect as (Pseudo) RNG can get. And random numbers, unlike most peoples expectations of them, can be very "streaky". Plus, unless you have 100% likelihood of winning a battle, there is *always* the chance that you will lose. If the advantage is in the 50-70% chance of winning, then there is really a pretty good chance of losing.

Consider that your Warriors tried to attack across a field of rabbit warrens, stumbled, and were unable to maintain their battle lines, and were thus easily cut up. Or maybe your tanks got stuck in the mud caused by Spring rains, making them easy prey. ;)

Top Bottom