Hulfgar's Industrial Warfare

For those willing to run a test here is version 1 for the "Industrial Warfare Gods and Kings Edition" .

If the Civ5mod file does not install you can try this version :
Some changes from the vanilla version : http://www.mediafire.com/?bmeglprkjp62jj1

Some UI features are still disabled due to incompatibility (diplocorner for example)

New units :
ethnic longbowmen thanks to Danrell, more to come later.

Airship and Advanced Airship, air scout units.

The lumberjack requires a plain near the city. Not the best solution but it's a try for now.

I still need to adjust the knight templar and co to the religion system.

Please remember that this is an Alpha version : I ran some quick checks but not a full game. The tech tree is ok, I tested all units, all seems to be functionnal but there may be some hidden bugs.

I'm having an odd issue installing the Vanilla version (7).
If I install through steam it installs until (I believe) file 2309 of 2900 (something) followed by a ctd.
Then I downloaded the mediafire version and I get the message "Target volume is full" when extracting the AircraftAtlas80.dds file.
I have no idea if these two problems are related but it does look like it.
Also the disk I'm installing on is only 50% full.

GemAye which mediafire file did you try ? the .Civ5mod or the .rar ?

Mercury used the .rar file and it worked. I don't know right now why the version packed with ModBuddy is bugged but I am looking into this issue.

I cant use G&K version.

Game install this version, but when finish the instalation, doesn't show me nothing about this mod. I went into mod folder and still a file.mod, not a folder like another mods.

GemAye which mediafire file did you try ? the .Civ5mod or the .rar ?

Mercury used the .rar file and it worked. I don't know right now why the version packed with ModBuddy is bugged but I am looking into this issue.

The mediafire file worked, and I meant the .rar file.
Unpacked it, got that "Target volume is full" message but I pressed the <Continue> button and it installed/unpacked, played it and everything seems to work.:)

You just had to release an alpha when I'm knee deep in a game with Itachoco's gigantic map campaign! As I still have only two cities in the industrial era, I predict a quick death if I ever get nuked, so I can move on to your mod without further delay:)

I still have yet to try your Industrial warfare mod and think it will work splendidly with a real world map. I'm curious Hulfgar, do you use any of the map mods?

Alpha half test (until gunpowder age)

- Faith indicator doesn't work, but religion system works fine.
- City atack range is 1 (this is a modification or bug?)
- Mythology says that gives shrine, but shrine is on another tech.
- Scrap Merchant -> Mantenence = 5 and descrition says "cost 10 gold". Is 5 or 10 ?
- Charcoal Burners Hunt: Says give 1 coal but is giving 1 iron.
- Timber system was changed? I'm havin problem to get this resourse.

I will play more late game, just a early feedback.

Hello Canabrava,

first thanks for this 1st feedback.

Faith indicator doesn't work
yes it seems to be a bug due to Attila's resource tooltip. I have removed it in the second version of the alpha.

City attack range is 1
: this is a modification. I did this because you can have only 1 unit in the city while the attacker can have 6 around + the range units.
And a city should not be an easy place to take (think of Stalingrad !). Last but not least in early medieval wars siege weapons in the city were used by women for the defense.

Mythology says that gives shrine
corrected in the 2nd version 1 of the Alpha I had forgotten this. And I have moved Mythologie 1 column backward which makes the Shrine earlier available.

Scrap Merchant -> Mantenence = 5
it's correct, I have to update the text.

Charcoal Burners Hunt: Says give 1 coal but is giving 1 iron.
:
this is bug, I will check this.

Timber system was changed? I'm havin problem to get this resourse.
yes I made a try to bind the Lumberjack's hut to a specific terrain (plains in this case) but it is too restrictive. I have removed this in the second version.

Sadly it is not possible to bind a building to a feature (forest and jungle are handled as feature not as terrain :( )

I still have some hope to get it with Lua coding and so avoid to get timber middle in a desert :)

Hello Bslade,

I'm curious Hulfgar, do you use any of the map mods?

no there was an incompatibility between my mod and YNAEMP so I never tried a world map with it. As it seems it came from the resources.
But now that the resource production from building is a full part of the standard game this may work. It is worth a try.

Industrial Modpack, Gods and Kings Edition Test version 2 :

available here in civ5mod format. Should Civ5 fail to unpack it use 7zip to do it.

Mythologie moved backwards, required for Writing with Pottery.

The Shrine can be build with Mythologie.
No terrain requirements for the lumberjack

New Buildings :
Palisade :early city wall available with Woodworking, obsolete with Masonry.
Motte Castle : early castle, available with Construction, obsolete with Chivalry.

Cosmetic changes :
All WWI fighters use the icon of the expansion.
All WWI tanks use the icon of the expansion.
All heavy tanks use the modern armor icon.
Ethnic skins for swordsmen and longswordsmen from Danrell (Egypt, Greece, Mongolia, Japan, Rome, Sweden, China, Spain)

Units :
WWI Tank, Generic Tank and German panzer get the promotion Light Armored Vehicle
The Early Jet requires 2 units of kerosene
The Super Heavy Tank requires 2 units of diesel

Corrections in some text files

I'll give your test version two a whirl without any other mods. What do you mean exactly with [/S]resource production from building is a full part of the standard game

resource production from building is a full part of the standard game

in Vanilla Civ5 to get resources from building an extra mod involving Lua coding was necessary, in Gods and Kings this feature is fully implemented.
With some luck it will makes things more compatible.

Thanks for the advice Androrc, steel is exactly what I need, with timber, diesel and kerosene.

Top Bottom