Bugged cities that have infinite food and grow every turn?

Question

King
Has anyone noticed that sometimes if you settle a city in a particular tile, the city gets bugged and it will generate infinite food and grow every turn? Razing the city and building another one will result in another bugged city...

Never happened to me. Do you have any saves of the effect? Or can you be more specific regarding the circumstances of placing it? Are you running mods?

Check out the pop 1 city i just founded, its got 20k+ food per turn for me. I have mods but none are supposed to do this...

Attachments

• Haile Selassie_0163 AD-1030.Civ5Save
    1.2 MB · Views: 84
Having a bit of difficulty tracking down all the mods, so I still haven't been able to open the save :), but I suspect this may be a mod conflict issue (that often is the case when the game does something wacky, like you describe). A couple of observations, though, as I pause mid-mod-hunt:

First, the download page for the Falcon AI: Diplomacy mod says "Works with Brave New World version 1.0.3.18", while the current game version is 1.0.3.144.

Second, WHoward has posted instructions on how to run both his DLL - Various Mod Components mod and Putmalk's Civ IV Diplomacy Features mod (which contains its own DLL; you can only run one DLL at a time without triggering mod conflicts): http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=518556 Since you include WHoward's enabling mod (Diplomacy - Civ IV Features), I assume you followed these instructions, but if not you should try that.

Anyway, I'm still poking around to download the remaining mods. Specifically, I can't find "Unit range increases" and "Civ balancing tweaks". Can you point me to them?

Ah those are custom mods i was making. The thing is i made some small changes to those mods after i posted the save and i have noticed that seems to cause crashes while attempting to load the saves...im guessing that any changes to mods tend to cause old save games to crash?

Also thanks, i didnt realise i needed to delete the old .dll as well.

Top Bottom