ERIKK vs Aggie, part deux

Aggie

Deity
ERIKK gives me a chance for revenge. This time it's deity, but with an extra settler for the human.

Propain made us a map with the following settings:

- Pangeae world map
- Extra large land-mass
- Standard size map
- random age, climate
- Deity, but with an extra settler for the humans
- ERIKK is Carthage (what an ugly face for me to look at)
- Aggie is Chinese
- Barbarians not raging
- Domination is switched off

Subscibed! :D

I see from your post you like to cut and paste ERIKK ;)

Turn 29:

I buy contact with ERIKK (Carthage) from Korea. Turns out that ERIKK and I have things to trade. This is our first deal:

ERIKK gets pottery, warrior code and ceremonial burial
Aggie gets Writing, 7 gold
We also agree peace until we both get into the middle ages.

3 techs for 1? Yes, but writing is a bit more expensive ;)

We appear to play a game of 'rumble in the jungle'. Propain didn't make it easy for us :( Oh well, we are both industrious :p

Up to now we manage to keep up with the AI looking at our expansion. Tech wise things also don't look that bad.

Originally posted by Aggie
We appear to play a game of 'rumble in the jungle'. Propain didn't make it easy for us :( Oh well, we are both industrious :p
Yeah, we both have jungles and desert :(

Originally posted by Aggie
Oh well, up to now we manage to keep up with the AI looking at our expansion. Tech wise things also don't look that bad.
Not totally, Egypt an Greece are growing quite fast and have 6 cities each AFAIK! Techs (turn 31): the AI's have Iron Working and The Wheel now. But our deal was not bad for us ;)

Originally posted by ERIKK
Not totally, Egypt an Greece are growing quite fast and have 6 cities each AFAIK! Techs (turn 31): the AI's have Iron Working and The Wheel now. But our deal was not bad for us ;)

Yes, but I added the deity factor to my statement. Obviously the two settlers at the start helped a lot.

Turn 109:

Time for an update!

This is the map:

This is the powergraph. ERIKK took out a couple of Egyptian cities in one blow :eek: :

I try to tell the world that peace is the way to go, but the world won't listen :( :

PS: We still don't know the Ottomans.

I think I'm dealing with a bug in my PBEM vs ERIKK.

I'll explain what happened:

Turn 140:
As always I check my citizens' moods to avoid rioting.

Turn 141:
60% of my cities riot!! I think: that must be a lux deal that expired. So I get a new one with my neighbour: 2 lux for 1 lux and gpt. Of course I MM again to pevent rioting.

Turn 142:
Same story: 60% of my cities riot. THE DEAL WITH MY NEIGHBOUR IS GONE!! This is weird enough, but as a test I again make the same trade deal. My neigbour agrees as if nothing happened. I do not suffer a rep hit.

Turn 143:
Same story. A lot of riots, the deal has gone and I'm still able to make a new deal. Exactly the same deal as in 141 and 142.

I lost 3 turns here.

ERIKK and me tried to explain it, but failed.

Here's more info on our situation:

- My neighbour and me are at peace with the whole world
- Rome and Korea are at war
- Our trade route goes trough Rome

ERIKK suggests that a Korean unit was blocking the road and in doing so blocked the trade route between my neighbour and me. But we both can't imagine it. Because my neighbour and I don't get a rep hit after the first occurance. And we both are NOT at war with either Korea or Rome.

Could someone please help us explain this? Is it a bug? Is it perfectly normal and just bad luck for me?

I can confirm barb galleys doing the same thing to me Dr. and I didnt get any rep hit. Well, not until later ;)

Top Bottom