Wainy's Let's Play Deity - Svaltalfar playthrough

Why's it called deity then?

I just finished part one, good job on popping an adventurer and nabbing the griffons early!

Part 1 was funny; I like how you talk through things.

FWIW, when I pop an adventurer with a non-Grigori civ, if I don't have a need to press him into service immediately, my goal is always to bring him up the arcane line. The promotions I go for are Mobility 1 + Commando + Combat 5 + Summoner + Twincast + Extension 2 + [a summoning sphere] 3. Since Summoner and Twincast are only available to heroes, this gets a lot of mileage out of the promotion.

All things being equal, my preference for the hero's primary magic sphere is Death, mainly because you can use twincasted Spectres before you get Wraiths with Strength of Will. Plus you can turn him into a Lich. Also, in late-game if you have lots of figures with death 1, you can have your super summoner make all the skeletons. If you have Tower of Necromancy, Enchantment 1, and a Runes Priest, you can get Strength 8, Move 3 skeletons, which ain't too bad.

With the Svarts, those spectres and wraiths are illusions, so your super summoner becomes not just a great offensive force, but a tool to get XP for the rest of your units (as well as the summoner himself after he gets to 100).

Shadow is a neat alternative to Death for a powerful summoner. Using move 3 Mistforms to screw with opponents during peacetime is great fun. For the Svarts, you need to follow those mistforms up with other HN units to actually kill anything, but HN units are easy to come by for the Svarts.

Sorry to post this here but its where i mentioned it anyway.
Ive just installed MNAI and i got the generic unit icons for my active units. By that i mean that when i click on my scout (or warrrior, or settler), the icon is a generic scout and not, say, my svartalfar one. Im not reffering to the small box on the bottom left corner where u can rename the unit and see its promos and all, but to the icon indicating it is the active unit. Im trying to be as spesific as i can, tho i might sound rly silly. I dont think it has to do with the animations as you suggested, because they are not off for me. BUT, its the first time im using this BUG option, i dont know if it has to do with it, it seems a bit confusing at first.

It's possible that you just had an install problem. You have to install the game in this weird order:

FFH2 base
FFH patch N
FFH patch O
MNAI patch

I would like to see it all integrated into one file, personally.

I installed MNAI on a pathed O ffh2 that also contains patch p. Maybe i make a fresh installation all over?

EDIT: well patch p is not actually a patch, i manually replaced some files

I cant seem to find the base ffh tho, i can only find the latest version and old patches in the bug thread.
Sry to bother u, and thx for ur (much needed) help!

Ok first this one: (i guess this counts as patch N also)
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1

Then patch O:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=171398

Then of course MNAI:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=484746

You do have a secondary option, which is to download Erebus in the Balance. It has SOME of the AI changes (and will supposedly have more in the next week or so). The mod focuses on keeping the game balanced for multiplayer and is pretty good. We are going to feature it in the next succession game.
http://realmsbeyond.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=5034 You just need one file for this.

First of all, i cant thank you enough for helping me. I finished a game last night on monarch and it seemed so easy even for me, so i had high hopes for a new game under MNAI. Tho i dont miss civ4 at all, i remember reconing my shores all the time, for fear of a naval sneak attack, id like that in ffh too ;)
Ive also been reading abit about Eitb, it has some very nice changes indeed, but being a Svart fanatic, i think that stripping racial promos when under HN severely damages Alazkan, tho i might need to try that 1st and not jump to conclusions (sounds very good for mp tho).
Ive read the said thread about the succession game, but i dont even know what it means, nor PBEM, cant find those acronyms in the wiki.
Anyway, as i understand it, there is no base ffh, its the patched N version i install 1st, then patch O, then MNAI, which, btw, is what i did in the 1st place.
Eagering to play again, ill try it and hopefully wont bother u for some time :blush:

Reinstall didnt work, im still getting the same generic icons instead of the proper ones. Are you positive you have understood my poor english? The model on the field and in the box on bottom left is correct, but the icon in the bottom middle of the screen is the generic one. Ive tried to get a screeshot but i cant, but it is exactly the same as in Wainy's video, where u can clearly see it, whenever he clicks on a unit. I find it very confusing to play like this..

Top Bottom