Where Were you When BNW was Announced

my civ playing buddy walked into my room and said "guess effing what" he told me about poland, and the known facts at the time, and i was excited to say the least

I was searching the civipedia because I had forgotten what some unique units did. ;)

In my bed, asleep.

Who is JFK? I'm Canadian.

Wow. Really? I'm Canadian and I know who JFK is. Anyway, JFK (John Fitzgerald Kennedy) was the 35th president of the United States of America and Lee Harvey Oswald was accused of assassinating him.

I was on vacation in Quebec, I haven't checked civfanatics in a few days (been lurking for a few years now) and suddenly I see BRAVE NEW WORLD on the front page.

Wow. Really? I'm Canadian and I know who JFK is. Anyway, JFK (John Fitzgerald Kennedy) was the 35th president of the United States of America and Lee Harvey Oswald was accused of assassinating him.

I love the way you phrased that

That just had to be sarcasm, pretty much everyone knows about JFK.

Ontopic: I was probably still somewhere in Namibia. Meh I miss those times.

And I thought everyone passed high school shouldve known about JFK's assassination ...

NZ schools don't teach about American history, but anyway:

//facetious-ism

The famous saying is "Where were you when JFK was shot?"

They shot JFD? I was aware that there were a lot of people vehemently against Venice being in BNW, but that seems a bit much.

Fortunately, it didn't stop Venice from getting in :)

If you can specifically remember the moment that you learned about BNW, you really need to get a life or a wife, preferably both.

:hide:(ducks and runs for cover)

Probably teaching a class.

I didn't find out that it had been announced for several weeks - I was very sceptical about the whole 'One World' thing so I didn't give it much thought. I think I only saw the announcement in late March.

If you can specifically remember the moment that you learned about BNW, you really need to get a life or a wife, preferably both.

:hide:(ducks and runs for cover)

I have had a wife and they are overrated, although for some reason I seem spend alot of effort seeking another one. (LOL) .

Back on topic, probably walking sometime between two and three (NZDT) checking my phone for the umteenth time (thanks Menzies, mate ! :) ) for the One World announcement.

Of course if I had a wife, I wouldn't been allowed to do this or ......

JD

I was on my space trip to the moon. Cost me 1 million dollars but I had to read civfanatics on my phone. Oh well, my buddy took some pictures. :lol:

I think I saw it on facebook.
At that time I wasn't aware of the "One world" thing, or at least I didn't feel it was true :p

So I wasn't checking regularly the civ5 main forum, mostly civ5 modding and RFC :D

Probably on civfanatics. And soon afterwards grabbing a cool drink to celebrate as i normally do on those moments.

I was playing civ, when one of my steam friends was like:

Steam Friend: "Have you heard the news?"
Me: "No"
Steam Friend: "The next expansion has been announced, Brave New World"

*Pauses civ and runs off to civfanatics as quick as is possible"

I was doing what I did ever since the whole "One World" thing...wake up, get out of bed, and check CivFanatics.

Top Bottom