The Scottish Sagas (Viking RFC)

:eek: I never realised how good the Vikings UP was!

I find that the French UP is my favorite... The diplo bonus is REALLY nice, especially for getting trade deals. In one DoC game, as Catholic, I got the Mongols to friendly! :) I managed to trade for every luxury and health resource because of the diplo bonus, and get Germany/Spain to friendly for defensive pacts.

I dunno, to me i really like the Incan power (look at places like Denver and Budapest, now imagine them with their UP!)

:eek: I never realised how good the Vikings UP was!

It's amazing how much it makes you play like a proper Viking! Any town in the world can be a target, with 500+ gold waiting to be pillaged. I just kept sending my armies out and ravaged the independents everywhere.

My favourite UP still has to be India though:)

I dunno, to me i really like the Incan power (look at places like Denver and Budapest, now imagine them with their UP!)

I always wanted to take over the Himalayas...

:lol: Inca can make power cities out of horrible places. I learned something, too, recently relating to this - the Scottish expedition to Panama, that tried to establish a Scottish colonial empire - that failed miserably and bankrupted Scotland. It's nice to see that the unification of Great Britain left it with a Scottish capital, instead of London. :D

Yeah I read about that too, its a shame you need biology to settle Panama in RFC. I kinda tried to represent this by capturing Huaxyacac and then giving it back to the natives. Just wait and see how much annoyance that city causes when congresses roll round. Regarding London, in about a hundred years time you'll see how loyal that city is.

The people’s revolution and the plagues sweeping the nation had brought the stability of Scotland to dangerous levels, but it was hoped that the new representative freedom would bring the country back from the brink over the coming years.

In Mexico the garrison of Birka barely made it to the safety of the countryside before being overcome by disease, while in Europe the espionage reinforcements did not dare to dock in the plague-ridden Azores, and waited out to sea for the port to be declared clean.

Scottish Privateers operating in the Far East brought back word of Mongol conquests, as they slowly took over the independent cities of the old Chinese Empire. The HRE could not manage an attack on any of its major rivals, instead concentrating on swallowing up the independent Russian kingdoms.

Though the sack of the Nile was over, there were still Scottish troops sending back tribute from deepest Africa.

New settlements were springing up across the New World, and Scottish colonists who did not fancy the warmer climates to the south set up a new trading post across the ocean from Scotland. They named their new city Vinland, and set about making the harsh land their home.

The 18th Century began with fascinating new luxuries flowing back to the Scottish Republic from their Portuguese vassals. Word also reached the Scottish Congress that the HRE was offering peace, but the war suited the Scots and was left unresolved.

The new study of Drama had pervaded Scottish lands by 1703, and the nation’s scientists set their eyes on the next goal, an understanding of Scientific Method. Unfortunately it seemed doubtful that the fledgling Republic would be able to hold the old Empire together, as instability was rife everywhere.

However there were still signs of hope. New livestock had been finally shipped to the New World, and cities like Sigtuna were now looking increasingly prosperous.

By 1706 the Turkish appetite for war had faded, and they made a cowardly peace with the Germans. Across the world the Scottish navies had sunk their 25th and 26th enemy ships, and when the news made it back to the homeland in 1709 this brought great celebrations. The Scottish politicians cunningly manipulated the nationalistic fervour that resulted, and channelled the nation’s energy into starting one of the Great Golden Ages of Scotland.

However not all the nations where affable to Scotland’s greatness, and the devious Khmer Empire chose this moment to throw their lot in with the HRE in their war against Scotland and its vassals.

1709 was also the year that Scottish spies managed to bring the Portuguese secrets of Rifling back to the scientists in Iona. Though the new Republic had managed to draw scientific output from all the merchants, spies, artists and priests of Scotland, the leaders knew that espionage would be just as powerful a tool in maintaining Scotland’s world dominance.

The new rifles were quickly delivered to the Scottish armies guarding Amsterdam, where veteran regiments of the Spanish, Russian and African Campaigns were outfitted with the latest military weapons.

The Malian War had not brought the Scots any trouble, but it had dragged on for too long and was brought to a close in 1709 by the payment of gold and maps from the grateful Malian King.

It wasn’t long before the upgraded Scottish troops were threatening the western cities of the HRE, and the elected Lord of Amsterdam the Scot Friseal had brought his armies to the gates of Nurnberg. That year a Great Engineer came to prominence in the Scottish capital, and was told to wait for future assignments there.

Though the German armies were numerous even their fiercest cannon could not break the Scottish Rifles besieging Nurnberg, and with their destruction the city threw open its gates and welcomed the invaders in. The Scots had no interest in a landlocked city and passed it over to their French vassals. The remaining principalities of the HRE lost all semblance of unity and fragmented into independent warring kingdoms, and the last vestiges of the old Roman civilisation quickly died away.

There was no love lost between these new Germanic fiefdoms and the Scottish Republic, and lacking any coordinated military the German countryside was at the mercy of Scottish raiders. Friseal’s armies, denied the glory of conquest, fanned out to loot the countryside.

In Africa Scottish raiders returning from their campaigns brought back word of Turkish conquests along the Nile, though the land they were capturing had been stripped bare by the Scottish hordes.

HURRAY!!! Vinland! And by the last few pics I see your stability went up! Great work! I agree with Tambien... You make it look so easy!

It really is too bad you can't colonize Panama... you can't create the real Scottish "colonial empire." :lol:

Release the cannons of war!

Take over europe. Recreate the roman empire.

what is it with you and recreating empires?

Yeah sorry, but I just crushed the last european remnants of the Roman Empire (historically, not gamewise), Scotlands future lies in its colonies here.

For a proper Roman Empire, look here :)

Tlönitte;10867430 said:
Yeah sorry, but I just crushed the last european remnants of the Roman Empire (historically, not gamewise), Scotlands future lies in its colonies here.

For a proper Roman Empire, look here :)

:bowdown: That is the best Roman Empire game I've ever seen. I take my hat off to you sir :hatsoff:

Soon, soon..

:bowdown: That is the best Roman Empire game I've ever seen. I take my hat off to you sir :hatsoff:

Thanks! Im sure (like all my games) it could be improved on, but it was fun to play. Last night I even played from the Arabian spawn, took Babylon as the capital and took everything up to Athens. However I couldn't really find any direction for that game so I got bored. I might try another time and go for their UHV, might even write it up in S&T!

How about Yorkton Saskatchewan? (1 NE of Regina)

Sorry, still lost.:dunno:

Top Bottom