How to warmonger as Monty

godman85

Warlord
1 point in honor. 5 tradition.

this is emperor pangea. Get rid of starting bias. Its lame and desert is straight OP.

get desert.

get petra in your developer city for soldier spam.

Piss off all the civs in the game but NEVER DECLARE WAR. Make them declare war on you. once you beat their faces in, you attack their capital to scare them to death. You probly cant take it early game but put some damage on it.

They will then sue for peace with like 2-3 of their cities.

Take the cities, annex them, sell all buildings, then pawn it off to their rival. This will cause you to be a literator with no warmonger penalty while racking that exp and culture. Keep flipping nation, when you get archeology, steal everyone's ruins FIRST. Don't dig a single one of yours up. It pissed the ai off royally. Spam your religion in their lands and just make a mess of things while never gaining the warmonger title. Some civs will hate your guts but no civ will have linked negatives on you meaning you will never get 6+ declarations of war in 1 turn.

Once you get order, conquer everyone and everything. You will have unlimited happiness because order is the boss.

Go for domination or culture at that point. By the time you get order you should have 3 trees completely filled. I personally focus on happiness so i fill tradition, piety, and liberty with 1 point in roads at commerce. You will have happiness overload.

Why would you only go 1 point into Honor? The opener does not pay for itself in the long run and hurts more than it helps. If you go into Honor, at least go down the left side.

Why would you only go 1 point into Honor? The opener does not pay for itself in the long run and hurts more than it helps. If you go into Honor, at least go down the left side.

I am monty....I usually get 3 policies to everyone elses 1. WAR MAN. 1 point in honor let me know where my farm points will be, increases my damage on my farms, and doubles the culture gained from my farms.

ITS LITERALLY THE BEST 1 POINT WONDER FOR MONTY

I am monty....I usually get 3 policies to everyone elses 1. WAR MAN. 1 point in honor let me know where my farm points will be, increases my damage on my farms, and doubles the culture gained from my farms.

ITS LITERALLY THE BEST 1 POINT WONDER FOR MONTY

Doesn't matter, it's still a static bonus. The Honor opener will never pay for itself. It simply doesn't generate enough culture. It will net you somewhere around 500 culture in a game if you're lucky and it will increase your endgame policy costs by 2500 or more.

For what it's worth, played a monty game recently and went honor. I found that even if it didn't "pay for itself in culture" it was worth it because I was able to take out 3-4 barb camps while leveling my jaguars. It kept my empire workers safe and netted me gold and culture. Barbarians are much more of a problem with the new patch.

The impact on my social policies in the late game was also not really noticeable as I was able to fill out Rationalism and get 2 tier-3 Freedom policies before winning a science victory in 1959 without any cities near mountains.

IMO lone honor opener is worth it for Songhai and Aztec usually, and Zulu and Germany sometimes.

Why waste time getting them to declare on you? Warmonger penalties in this game are now based on you taking cities, not who declares war.

There's still penalty for declaring wars, its better if AI declares war. You still get some penalties if you take the cities.

Top Bottom