Need help on my Washington strategy.

afb29

Chieftain
OK, here is the issue. Me and 5 of my friends are having a civ 5 tournament (sadly vanilla because none of them have G&K or BNW). My plan for this is to keep my number of cities very very low (like 1 or 2) and boos my defense as much as possible. Since i'm playing as Washington, I get half of tiles and access to B17s. My original plan was to stay ab far back as possible during the beginning, surround my fort with minutemen until I got B17's, then I would switch to attacking from a distance. This was going to work perfect, until my other friend chose Japan as there civ, which meant they would get Zeros. Even though All 4 of the other players and I are targeting him, I still fear he can hold them off long enough to heavily damage me or worse. I'm looking to revise my strategy. But I will defiantly keep America as my civilization. Please help, and thanks!

Don't use B17s against zeros. Washington and the minutemen go obsolete fast so if you disband them instead of upgrade them, you'll save up more money by the time you're in the modern era to purchase infantry or better units. Build your own fighters if you get hit with bombers or zeros.

You've probably read the reviews, afb29, but GET Brave New World! It makes the endgame so much more reasonable/satisfying/fun! I would also suggest Gods and Kings, but only because I have not played the game just 'vanilla' (not sure how much you'd be missing out on).

Wait 'till its on sale!

Washington and the minutemen go obsolete fast so if you disband them instead of upgrade them, you'll save up more money

Minutemen carry the no-penalty terrain promotion, upgraded in infantry they're powerful units. Build barrack & Armory, pick Branderburgen, you'll have Minutemen with March promotion!

Edit: why stay with a low number of cities? America is a warmonger and expansionist civ.

The no-penalty terrain promotion could be useful. BNW also has the golden age from victories promotion to get golden ages faster.

Top Bottom