Nri Kingdom

Moriboe

King
Get it from the workshop.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nri_kingdom

UU: Safe Haven: After researching Philosophy, Citizens from rival pre-modern Civilizations occasionally Migrate to your Cities. The frequency of migration increases if your empire is happy and at peace.
UU: Mburichi (150 :c5production:, req Currency): Can conduct a Trade Mission for 30 Influence and Gold. Can only be trained in the Capital. Trained 33% faster before the Renaissance Era. Obsolete with Economics.
UB: Bronze Caster: Replaces forge. +2 :c5culture: +1 :c5production: (+1 :c5production: on iron and bronze). Can be built anywhere, but boosts military unit production only by 5%.

Credits:
- janboruta: graphics (except listed below)
- Tomatekh: map
- Irkalla: icon

So whoTH are the Nri? A pacifist, religiously controlled nation that seemed interesting to have in the game.

Things didn't work out as planned though, e.g. it was impossible to make the Mburichi a faith purchasable unit without granting it to every civ. So now it works exactly like the diplomatic units in the City State Diplomacy mod (fully compatible).

Another failed experiment was making the Piety tree available at start. Got that working (a bit hacky though, so was not happy about it), but it turned out to be a bad idea: in combination with Nri's often poor jungle starts, taking it so early is shooting yourself in the foot [EDIT: funny how this is in BNW now, guess I was just playing poorly ;)].

Finally the UA is of course inspired by killmeplease's Emigration mod, though I made a nearly completely new implementation, as I wanted to keep the rules simple and focused only on the Nri:
  • Base migration frequency is every 40 turns. This drops for each (major) civ you meet, down to 16 if you have met them all. If some of them are eliminated, turns will go up. There is a little randomness involved too.
  • Your happiness reduces the turns by 25% if very happy (10+ :c5happy:) and 50% if extremely happy (30+ :c5happy:). If you are unhappy, turns are increased by 100%. Notice these are the opposites of the unhappiness levels used by the game.
  • The source of the migration is evenly drawn based first on civ population, then (once the civ is chosen) on city food levels.
  • The target of the migration is off course always the Nri. Cities with high food have the highest chance at receiving immigrants.

Attachments

• domezenri_zpsb3d11ac0.jpg
    domezenri_zpsb3d11ac0.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 814
  • nri.jpg
    nri.jpg
    305.2 KB · Views: 624
You could make the unit faith purchasable by only the Nri by making it require the UB.

I used pagoda, which is not a UB (which I incidentally renamed to berserker hall in the text), and a new "berserker warrior".

Nevertheless, put your unit where berserker warrior is, and your UB as stated, and it should work out.

Of course, you may have to change the tech your unit is available at and fiddle with costs and such to make it balanced (since it does require a building)

Of course, you could create an invisible UB as well and link the unit to that so you would not be dependent upon a building that does not make sense in the context of the unit and building. Use LUA to put it in every NRI city.

Code:
<Unit_BuildingClassRequireds>
	<Row>
		<UnitType>UNIT_BERSERKER_WARRIOR</UnitType>
		<BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_PAGODA</BuildingClassType>
	</Row>
</Unit_BuildingClassRequireds>

Does the turn frequency adjust depending on game speed?

I think this is an amazing civ. I love when the more advanced modders make really unique and cool abilities for new civs.

Also, is it uploaded to Steam? I couldn't find this or your Khazar civ there.

You could make the unit faith purchasable by only the Nri by making it require the UB.
Hm I'm sure I tried that. As a test I had it require some random building, and I could still purchase the unit without it. Strange. Will give at another look.

Does the turn frequency adjust depending on game speed?
Whoops. Thanks for pointing that out, will fix.

Also, is it uploaded to Steam? I couldn't find this or your Khazar civ there.
Not yet. I decided to wait until I get good artwork. This one may also see a proper release coincide with the Zambezi project schedule.

Thanks for the appreciation :)

I wouldn't say so. The two migration mechanics are completely separate. Immigration from the UA would be on top of what the Emigration mod already provides.

Updated the UA algorithm and added Tomatekh's fantastic map (see image attached). Get the new version from the first post.

The new algorithm is simpler. You get "migration points" each turn and when they reach 100, you have 50% chance in subsequent turns for migration to trigger. Points are then reset.
  • +1 for each civ you met, except
  • -1 if you are at war with them
  • +2/3/5 if your happiness is above 0/10/30
  • -2/3/5 for the same numbers as above, but unhappiness
Also a nerf though: in one of my test games against Nri with the old version, I lost a citizen from my capital at turn 30. Some people would probably not like that, so I put a prereq on the UA: Philosophy.

The target selection remains the same: the origin is drawn in two steps (civilization & city); based on population (high) and then food (low). The target is again selected in function of food (high).

Attachments

• nriSelect.jpg
    nriSelect.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 276
This mod now features fantastic art by janboruta (see screens attached to first post) and has been updated for BNW! Get it from the workshop.

Great to finally see it officially released! I look forward to adding it to my BNW games.

Janboruta has also outdone himself with the art, as usual.

I can probably make a much nicer version of the map now than I could a few months ago. I'll try and do an update once I get back into modding in the middle of the month (and the palm fronds worked out with the plant motif in all the BNW maps).

You may be interested in this lad:

Spoiler :

So... if you will use it I'll send you the link :goodjob: (Or if you want to change something, go ahead and ask)

Courtesy of janboruta and myself, I've attached a compatibility patch for this mod to work with Gedemon's YnAEMP (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=397387). The first attachment is the patch itself, which may be installed like any other mod by extracting its contents into My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization V/MODS, whilst the second attachment is the project file for Moriboe should he return.

Attachments

• Moriboe YnAEMP Compatibility Patch (v 1).rar
    1.9 KB · Views: 826
  • Moriboe YnAEMP Compatibility Patch.rar
    2.2 KB · Views: 272
Top Bottom