CIV players, please be aware of this awesome graphics pack!

Will installing graphic pack mess with the game like "mods" do. In another words, will it prevent me from playing MP or PBEM with others?

No, it does not affect the DLL or any of the XML or Python so it should have no effect on MP or PBEM games.

I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

That's why graphics packages seem so complicated because they're not mods.

Any chance to change the Color of the Railroads? the silver is incredibly hard to see on the bright grassland. If railroads were dark brown + silver or even black + silver, they would stand out a lot better. It would also be more realistic.

What kind of a performance hit, if any should I expect with this? I generally play pretty huge maps and marathon with 18 civs. Late game starts to get a little laggy. Eye candy is only good until I have to make sacrifices.

I had no performance hit at all with these graphics, but I also play on a quite strong PC and run CIV completely from the RAM via RADEONRamdisk.

Seems to be working fine. Just loaded it as a mod for now. Still trying to get used to it. Not sure if I really like it yet tbh.

The grasslands being really grainy bothers me. I understand it's supposed to simulate grassy patches but at the distance being viewed to see that kind of detail is a bit extreme. In fact for all the textures it seems a bit extreme which results in an over all graininess, which is making it hard to play for long stints at a time. (not used to it)

I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually, and Good Job to the Creator for the effort to be sure.

That was a request vincentz. Can you change the Railroads and maybe also make the Corn a little darker, it's almost impossible to see those things on Grasslands.

Has this been added to the bat mod yet?

Maybe I'm alone in this, and sorry if this sounds harsh, but I really don't like this mod. It looks way too grainy, and I much prefer the original graphics instead. At least I can instantly tell plains from grassland there.

Maybe I'm alone in this, and sorry if this sounds harsh, but I really don't like this mod. It looks way too grainy, and I much prefer the original graphics instead. At least I can instantly tell plains from grassland there.

You are not alone. I tried it and did not like it either.

I think you haven't set the "field of view" to a level that fits your screen. Normally it is set to 42, but with an UltraHD display i. e., one needs to go to at least 50, or one will think, that one is sitting on the map, because everything is so large and only so little can be seen.

I understand what you mean with "grainyness" , but I only got that when I zoom extremely near to the terrain, during normal play, where I zoom out to the max and with changed field of view, I can't see anything that could be called grainyness, and that with 0 AA.

But if you don't like it, at least use Blue Marble, the basic civ template is really the ugliest of all options ^^ .

I tried Blue Marble too a good while ago, but it was a bit of the same there; I prefer the original because it's easy on the eye and it's easy to identify the various terrain types.

That said, I salute the work that has gone into these mods - it just isn't for me.

Are you color-blind, or play on a machine that still has EGA graphics? :D

Grasslands are green, and Plains are brown, how can you not distinguish between them? :D

Also, what does it matter, if you play with automized Workers anyhow? :D

Top Bottom