Most hated leader

Aww don't rag on my Lizzie!!! She's the only one I play LOL

For me, my least is Catherine, she is rude, mean, evil and plain ole' annoying

I despise luis xiv. We were on top of the score list and he was my friend, but I started to get ahead and then he suddenly changed. I think it was because we shared borders and I started building cultures so my cities wouldn't get squished.

After some turns I noticed his SOD in my borders and I made a ton of defenses in my cities but he beat me fairly easy.

This was on emperor. From now on I know that I should take him out as soon as I can.

Shaka:

- #1 unitprob in the game in a 4 way tie
- Favorite civic: Police state = no civic bonuses for 80% of the game, maybe all of it.
- Cares very little for religion, hard to get him to like you that way
- Expands heavily with his flavor preferences, has strong earlygame bonuses
- Will plot and declare at pleased
- Conspires with other warmongers to dogpile non-warmongers, like every other warmonger.

I love Shaka =(
He spices up my games. There were four superpowers in my game (Russia, me, Persia, and Zulu) and Russia, Persia, and I had a very nice alliance system going. After the previous war things seemed to be a cruise to victory and was very boring, but that war wrecked Persian military, and they DOWed on Spain who revolted, so once the defensive pact was down, Lo and Behold in a few turns Shaka attacks and takes the entire Persian holdings in the old world and are attacking their mainland atm. Seriously, if it wasnt for that I probably would have quit the game out of boredom.

I hate Wang Kon. IDK but the way he looks over to his adviser or something and is probably telling him how stupid he thinks I am makes me want to get friendly with him just so he stops doing that.

Catherine. Unless you're her best bud (i.e. love slave) she WILL throw a stack at you, even if you're on the other side of the continent.

Sitting Bull is up there... The only good thing about him is that he's a lightning rod for nearby warmongers. But other than that, he's Protective, spams units like crazy, makes tons of threatening demands, and send spies to poison your water until the end of time.

I've heard she is the only AI that will declare at friendly.

Yes, but only if she's bribed. She is the leading backstabber. I do find that if you can bring her to heel she makes a very good vassal. The only vassal of mine that actually takes the cities I tell her to attack.

I voted Sitting Bull as the most annoying. I don't think he's the most dangerous by a long shot, but he is the most annoying. You want to cleanse the world of him but it's hard to dislodge him. But he's usually not a threat to your existence.

As far as most dangerous, I think TMIT's comments above match my experiences. Shaka definitely spices up the game, sometimes he makes it so spicy you lose.

Napoleon/Shaka/Monty are hard to deal with if they're your neighbor. Catherine as well...once when I was trying to go all culture, she declares war on me, and I barley survive. After the peace treaty's up, she declared war again. Needless to say that I lost that one.

Tokugawa is a given ("Everyone else will open borders right away, but it will cost you an extra settler or two for me")...but almost worse are those where you're not sure if they will attack, so you don't build a defense and rely on diplo (because you need to make every hammer count), and get attacked anyway, sometimes just as early as with the crazies. AIs like Sury, Gilgamesh or Catherine are my "favorite" ones for that.

Also, Shaka with early copper is insane. My last Deity game, I started next to Ramses, and Shaka was behind him. Ramses was dead...before I had even finished researching Bronze Working myself (as my fourth tech) :eek:.

Isabella since I never get the same religion as she does, and this causes her to hate me and usually invade me at some point. After that, your typical warmongering douches like Shaka and Ragnar.

Tokugawa because he rarely trades or open borders and then gets annoyed and invades.

That said I'm starting to learn how to get him happier and have open borders... and once you have open borders with him he's generally quite a helpful friend :)

It's easy, just adopt the same religion as him and don't be his next-door neighbor so you don't have to worry about border-bumping negatives. Eventually he warms to you, especially if you give him techs. Whether he's worth it, I doubt it.

I don't like Toku because it's so hard to get him friendly enough to be of any value, and he's good enough on the defense that you can't easily kill him until you've got a huge lead over him. He's pretty much a waste of space that eventually turns on you.

That one Jappanise guy. I hate him cuz he NEVER, repeat, NEVER wants to have open borders with me!! :mad: :mad:

Join his religion and you'll get him to Pleased quite quickly.

I hate Toku because last game I had Genghis Khan and him as neighbors, but Genghis asked me for tribute before declaring war, so I could delay his invasion......Toku just declares without saying anything.....I enjoyed taking his cities.

I had one game where I started on a peninsula and was only able to build a few cities before Tokugawa cut me off from the rest of the continent and would never sign open borders with me, really stifling my growth and preventing me from exploring or moving much of anywhere and allowing him to out-tech me.

To make matters worse, he started attacking me in the middle ages when he got Samurai, a very overpowered UU with Tokugawa's traits, which was pretty much when it became hopeless...

My List in Order:

1.- Tokugawa
2.- Asoka
3.- Charlemagne

Toku, has ruined a lot of my games, Asoka for me is one of the most selfish with tech and Charlemagne for the same reason for Toku and because he can became a "rex" very early.

Especial mention for Shaka he is annoying but for me when he is arround it's great cause he makes everybody weak, and let you stay close in tech with everybody else.

I always enjoy these "most annoying AI" threads.

Shaka is the nastiest AI and the one most likely to ruin your game, but I like him for that reason. Pretty weak on low levels though. He needs bonuses to make him dangerous.

Sitting Bull is probably the most objectionable in terms of personality, closely followed by Sury. Sury even has an adjective named after him - surly. Izzy is an anoyance too.

On the level I play, consistently challenging AIs that perform well include Charlemagne, Justinian, Gilgamesh (rexxers) and often the techers like Mansa, Asoka, Liz and Willem, if nobody kills them in their vulnerable, embryonic stage. Oh, and Zara is always good.

Top Bottom