Super Power Modpack - Total Conversion

Episode from a very late game , playing germans Large continents King AI so here comes the start of modern era.

All goes well , my continent is almost under my control , Russian and English AI are on the suburbs , the next continent is dominated by roman AI , me and AI have 2500 points. I am building nuclear facts and a decent fleet and willing to engage romans but ... something goes wrong . The little China empire decalares war on my well guarded away colonies on other continent , well this is a piece of cake i thought.
Then war Declares England on MY continent with heavy fleet matching my own .
And finally goes top country 2500 points Romans with afleet 3 times lager. Naval fleet is a real real power in this mod

After 25+ turns of extreme battles i managed to save all my cities , some were recaptured after my loses , my fleet was all gone , my air was all gone and i thougt i loose to them but suddenly i managed to come with peace with all.
Finally peace time, restoring economy , building first nukes and ... till 15 turns , ALLL AI's declaring war on me . As unit limit goes down with the number of cities you have i didnt have decent army to withstand all of them , alsо the previous world war got me hard and after some battle maneuvers a lost almost 75% of my cities .
Moreover there was a notice - if I capture Liverpool or Washington i will get a WARGOMER penalty ? what a is it ? Damn Brits being on the brink of extintion prodiced tanks like insects , 15 uboat's + 20 battleships from top county with a region about a half of neibour continent .... tons of t-34's by one day ago friendly and supportive Russians on my continent .. so they wiped me out of map quite fast from all sides just with meat. No chance at all
as the army of almost dead Britain could match my own in nunmers . Have no idea how did the manage to support such troops.
WTF ? Do AI cheat like DIABLO ?

wait, so you're telling me you finished 3 whole playthroughs with absolutely no issues graphically, or any crashing??
Yes
All large maps , continets , AI king . RED mod included , moreover i' ve done some econimic tweaks while playing . I actually got 2 CTDs , 1 on loading (my bad with wrong game rules editing and scipting ) second - enemy stuka attacked my Battlship.

Athlon X280 4 gb ram Geforce 740 Win 32
Civ5 pirate ENG ver 1.03.144

Hey all, so I've been messing around with stuff and it seems that if you set the leader scene to the lowest setting (where it is just a static image) then that alleviates all CTD issues and save file problems. This may not work for everyone, but it works for me so give it a shot if you still have problems. I play on the huge YNAEMP with 22 civs and 41 city states with this mod among others. It seems like playing on the giant map causes a CTD still, but playing on large should suffice.

Hey, so i tried the most up to date version of this mod and I have to say it is fantastic! i really like the changes you've made, especially the 2 units per tile one. i found that i really had to think about my unit composition more... sometimes a tercio (as in a musketman and a pikeman in a tile... not the unit itself) was a good way to advance, and sometimes archers needed to be subbed in. very nice!

i played 2 games, one as america (great UA changes) on a pangaea, and one as france on continents (both on immortal) and i had a blast! i found that the AI and myself had relative tech parity the whole game, which was nice, and they made good use of their units. and I found that i had to be at war for pretty much the entirety of both games both by necessity and choice. reminded me of older civ games!

In my america game I had a slowly growing group of ragtag units that mounted an early assault on my neighbor india which eventually grew into a huge war against 3 other powers, mostly to liberate city state allies. i ended up taking half the world and won a culture victory in the late modern age i think. but the warfare was crazy fun.

in my france game, i was on a continent with assyria and had terrible terrain (tundra, but no mountains for the potala palace). thankfully assyria wanted to be allies against an overseas morroco, so i gladly accepted. i had a nice strong navy and was able to hold onto a single morrocan city. but everything changed when assyria attacked. (hehe) I had to turn around and defend my cities with my now very strong navy of frigates and a few token defenders. thankfully i held them off and managed to gain enough strength that i completely conquered assyria! from there pretty much every other AI declared war on me (more or less) and i began my giant campaign of global conquest, which largely meant me using my dreadnaughts to take a single city and obliterate the ais counterattacks so that their city's populations declined. from there i would advance with rifles and my awesome grand batteries (with range promotion) and move inland. at the end i had some crazy promoted dreadnaughts and won my domination victory 10 turns before I got battleships. But again fantastically fun game!

some comments: i like that i can have more cities in this mod. it finally feels like epic civ to me again, and not min-maxing civ5. i also love the promotions, which really distinguish and highlight the different role each unit plays. the social policies and ideology changes were fantastic and really made a unique, new experience.

but contrary to what Slimak81 says, i found i was just rolling in money the entire game. I made sure to build every trade route i could, as soon as i could. i used a few for city growth, but i mostly used them for the money, especially once i unlocked the +3 CS influence per turn from trade routes policy. i was usually making around 300-600 gold per turn in the modern age, and then that doubled with some atomic age wonders.

I think the losing population from unit loss may be a little too harsh on the AI. a smart player (ie a human) can sit back and annihilate an AI's army, destroying their pop base while losing almost zero units. in my france game, my cap was size 63 (similar to my america game too), and egypt had a size 61 cap before we went to war. by the time i started attacking his cities, his cap was down to size 24. thats impossible to recover from. now just for my own sake, i bombarded them down to size 1 so I would have no extra unhappiness, but still. its too much for the AI. and interestingly, the additional units the AI gets at higher levels seems do compound this problem.

another problem is that theres too much culture. maybe it was just my america game, but i barely tried to win culture, and suddenly found myself 8 turns from the victory.

and finally, the tech is a bit too slow. because you need to war more (increased ai aggressiveness/more units in general), you end up winning WAY before modern toys are useful. cannons, rifles, cavalry, and dreadnaughts are more than enough to completely conquer the world (woo! just like civ3 again haha). any upgrades beyond those were overkill. and i never even got the tech for aircraft since by that point the AI had all but lost and didnt have the population to keep up with me in research. trust me, i would have loved to use the american B17 (which i tested and saw was CRAZY strong), or helicopters, or nukes, etc. but if youre winning a global war for world domination anyway, you dont need it.

ANYWAY! fantastic mod. I will be playing more of it and see how high i can make the difficulty. one thing i wish we had was like a WW2 scenario, or a world map scenario custom made for this mod. i would love to bring all those modern units to bear as the US or england against a full strength continental germany.

Me again here, thanks to my the changes I noted in my last post I'm able to play the game in a stable way with this mod, however it seems that since I've hit the atomic era I CTD every few turns. I've manually cleared some old autosaves, freed up some disk space, and changed the auto save frequency to every turn, so I can pick up where I left off. Regardless when I reload the game and choose the most recent autosave, I only get a few turns in before it crashes again. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hey, so i tried the most up to date version of this mod and I have to say it is fantastic! i really like the changes you've made, especially the 2 units per tile one. i found that i really had to think about my unit composition more... sometimes a tercio (as in a musketman and a pikeman in a tile... not the unit itself) was a good way to advance, and sometimes archers needed to be subbed in. very nice!

i played 2 games, one as america (great UA changes) on a pangaea, and one as france on continents (both on immortal) and i had a blast! i found that the AI and myself had relative tech parity the whole game, which was nice, and they made good use of their units. and I found that i had to be at war for pretty much the entirety of both games both by necessity and choice. reminded me of older civ games!

In my america game I had a slowly growing group of ragtag units that mounted an early assault on my neighbor india which eventually grew into a huge war against 3 other powers, mostly to liberate city state allies. i ended up taking half the world and won a culture victory in the late modern age i think. but the warfare was crazy fun.

in my france game, i was on a continent with assyria and had terrible terrain (tundra, but no mountains for the potala palace). thankfully assyria wanted to be allies against an overseas morroco, so i gladly accepted. i had a nice strong navy and was able to hold onto a single morrocan city. but everything changed when assyria attacked. (hehe) I had to turn around and defend my cities with my now very strong navy of frigates and a few token defenders. thankfully i held them off and managed to gain enough strength that i completely conquered assyria! from there pretty much every other AI declared war on me (more or less) and i began my giant campaign of global conquest, which largely meant me using my dreadnaughts to take a single city and obliterate the ais counterattacks so that their city's populations declined. from there i would advance with rifles and my awesome grand batteries (with range promotion) and move inland. at the end i had some crazy promoted dreadnaughts and won my domination victory 10 turns before I got battleships. But again fantastically fun game!

some comments: i like that i can have more cities in this mod. it finally feels like epic civ to me again, and not min-maxing civ5. i also love the promotions, which really distinguish and highlight the different role each unit plays. the social policies and ideology changes were fantastic and really made a unique, new experience.

but contrary to what Slimak81 says, i found i was just rolling in money the entire game. I made sure to build every trade route i could, as soon as i could. i used a few for city growth, but i mostly used them for the money, especially once i unlocked the +3 CS influence per turn from trade routes policy. i was usually making around 300-600 gold per turn in the modern age, and then that doubled with some atomic age wonders.

I think the losing population from unit loss may be a little too harsh on the AI. a smart player (ie a human) can sit back and annihilate an AI's army, destroying their pop base while losing almost zero units. in my france game, my cap was size 63 (similar to my america game too), and egypt had a size 61 cap before we went to war. by the time i started attacking his cities, his cap was down to size 24. thats impossible to recover from. now just for my own sake, i bombarded them down to size 1 so I would have no extra unhappiness, but still. its too much for the AI. and interestingly, the additional units the AI gets at higher levels seems do compound this problem.

another problem is that theres too much culture. maybe it was just my america game, but i barely tried to win culture, and suddenly found myself 8 turns from the victory.

and finally, the tech is a bit too slow. because you need to war more (increased ai aggressiveness/more units in general), you end up winning WAY before modern toys are useful. cannons, rifles, cavalry, and dreadnaughts are more than enough to completely conquer the world (woo! just like civ3 again haha). any upgrades beyond those were overkill. and i never even got the tech for aircraft since by that point the AI had all but lost and didnt have the population to keep up with me in research. trust me, i would have loved to use the american B17 (which i tested and saw was CRAZY strong), or helicopters, or nukes, etc. but if youre winning a global war for world domination anyway, you dont need it.

ANYWAY! fantastic mod. I will be playing more of it and see how high i can make the difficulty. one thing i wish we had was like a WW2 scenario, or a world map scenario custom made for this mod. i would love to bring all those modern units to bear as the US or england against a full strength continental germany.

Cant even imagine how u won immortal. As a Germany on King I am surrounded by hordes of enemy forces . All world is agianst me . And they all together declares war since every 20 turns. Only a total defence and bad AI's unit composition saves me from being wiped out.
All my trade routs are broken as all AI's are enemies . Thanks god i can nuke them to stop super mass production of tanks and navy. Moverover i have to conduct defence on two continets at the same time : first my native and second oil and alliminium colonies which have almost zero production capabilities due to extreme corruption level

Every time the next world war starts agains me i have -30 happiness and around -500 gold per turn - 25 attack penalty . Ai's building units faster then i kill them even when i set training and building speed up to 150%.

Can someone please tell me what exactly research overflow is.
Research overflow is a term used when you suddenly gets a lot of Science. Probably 300.000 - 400.000 science completely random. Then all techs take only one turn to complete. To get rid of it you have tp use it up.

I have a question in return. What does CTD stand for?

Research overflow is a term used when you suddenly gets a lot of Science. Probably 300.000 - 400.000 science completely random. Then all techs take only one turn to complete. To get rid of it you have tp use it up.

I have a question in return. What does CTD stand for?

Crash to desktop.

Is there gonna be another update on this mod cause i have some ideas ?

Sorry to say that there hasn't been any update or notification from the author as to the state of this mod, it works as is for me, but no clue on whether someone is working on it or not. I'd assume not.

I have found a bug, Where can I send you the saved game? It is the previous turn before it crashes

Please help, i just cant get a game going with the ai in it, they wonder around but never settle cities. Also there are no city states. What am i missing, please help!:(

Hi guys, sorry for being "missing" for a long time. I was busy engaging my Thesis Project - this is my last semester at school.

Now I'm happy to release the SuperPower Complete Edition v5.0

Now supports the latest official patch of Civ5 (1.0.3.279) and Korea DLC.

Now the Mod is a 4-in-1 Edition (Balance+Units+Buildings+Misc) No longer to load 4 separated mod parts every time!

A thoroughgoing check in almost every single code in this mod has been done and it takes me almost one year to do so! Many issues are fixed. It should be helpful for reducing the chance for CTDs, Corrupted Saved Data and TechTree error!

Please check the changelog to see the update details!

Top Bottom