Gonna try multiplayer competitive

gamemaster3000

Warlord
I've played Civilization for almost 25 years, but almost never have done multiplayer competitive. Never really thought the game was built for PvP. I'm guessing there's going to be a lot more dirty tricks and exploitative play than the "gentleman's game" I usually play against the AI.

Any suggestions/tips?

There's "dirty tricks and exploitative play" and dirty tricks and exploitative play. Expect to see people gang up on the weak or the strong, snatch workers and settlers, raid trade routes, forward settle, rush you with the latest tier units, and great engineer a wonder you'd been working on for the last 10 turns. This is all to be expected and should not be complained about.

Most games should have an expectation to not use the trade screen bug to steal everyone's cities, nor the science overflow bug.

- Join the No Quitters group in Steam and play ranked games. Be prepared to not do very well.

- Watch recorded games by FilthyRobot and Yoruus, expert and different approaches. Who are you - a numbers guy or a sneaky diplomat? :mischief:

- Be prepared to have the most fun you've ever had playing civilization, and some of your darkest hours. :)

- Headphone

- Watch recorded games by FilthyRobot and Yoruus, expert and different approaches. Who are you - a numbers guy or a sneaky diplomat? :mischief:

Not mean to reduce FilthyRobot or Youruus to stereotypes, of course. If there is any one factor that will help you in MP it's flexibility.

Only play public games for trying out new openings and things like that, they will not be good for anything else.

Top Bottom