Create a Frankenstein Civilization!

Perhaps someone with the skill to do so could create a stand alone application that lets us choose what to fill the slots, leader, start bias etc. with, then creates the mod from those choices.

I see your point. Surely, anyone who is skilled at modding can combine the civs easily. But an average player getting the mod through subscriptions won't have such kind of flexibility. He/she will end up with pre-selected combo civs instead of entering the game and creating different combo civs depending on the mood, and this is the limitation I`m talking about.

That's true. As long as you aren't using a mac though, you can always learn! :)

Hmmm I'm a really big fan of:
Wayfinding
Bushido
Phoenicean Heritage

with Venice's coastal absolute bias

or

Moai
Chateau
Brazilwood Camp
With Coastal Jungle spawn

For religion
Stele
Pyramid
Patriarchate of Constantinople

For war/diplomacy
Nobel Prize
Art of War
Hellenic League
(one GG or any GP for effectively 180 influence? Yeowch!)

Treasures of Nineveh
Horse Archer or Keshik
Ducal Stable

Beeline for horsetechs and steal the rest.

Siberian Riches
Ikanda
Samurai

A billion Buffalomurais would probably murder everything on open ground.

Having trouble coming up with my own FRANKENSTEIN but one take away I got from this thread is a civ with 3 UAs and NO UU or UB. That would be AWESOME.

Couple that with the fact that America was the first eliminated from the best design thread. And it sounds like America should be redesigned with no UU and no UB.

-That would accomplish a lot of solved problems with America. Namely that they don't have any pre-renaissance history for UUs or UBs which makes them boring right now.
-the fact that America is probably the most powerful civ in the real world which arguably has won a CV, SV, and the only that could nearly plausibly win a DV. But that creates a lack of synergy in game and erratic personality. But three UAs allows a player or computer to be completely flexible and could play for a cultural victory or science early and in the modern era there final UA can really kick in for late game DOMINATION.

Plus it does fit with the character of America. Call the characteristic the Melting Pot, or the "give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses."

Somebody get started on a new America PLEASE

How about this..?

+ +

Desert start and 3 billion years old world.. fun..:)

As for potential MOD.. you could make all combination civs first.. then after decission with what we play game will load certain premaid civ.. but with that many UAs UUs UBs and UIs it will be soooo many combos.. do the math

I was thinking about merged civ.. choose two leaders and you gain all theirs Us.. less work but still too much.. until .xml wont get some scrip it will be hard to do.. or not..?

In excel you can make macros that will "publish" any kind of file with choosen content (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...l-macro-for-exporting-xml-to-a-certain-folder)

Hmm, lets see if I can do better on America than I did on Indonesia. (I actually think my Indonesia would be pretty awesome, regardless of potential historical problems, but anyway...)

America should also be a capitalist freedom loving society, so maybe it could have some natural synergies with commerce and freedom, with a bit of a military side focus. Maybe even let it play with an aggressive freedom style?

UA discussion proposal:
units cost 10% less gold during golden ages.
+5 influence for gifting units to city states.
Increased ideological pressure (+1 pressure point) on every civ that it is influencing.

This can be balanced obviously, but this is supposed to make America a huge pain or a huge ally if you let it survive until the modern era, but in an indirect way. This synergizes with a lot of freedom policies, and puts America in an ideological domination position if you play it that way (to represent the cold war). It also is supposed to give an incentive for America to be in a dominant ideological position even if you don't go the entire way for the cultural victory. I have no idea how I'd pair this with UUs or UBs, but I'd be open to suggestions.

Hmm, lets see if I can do better on America than I did on Indonesia. (I actually think my Indonesia would be pretty awesome, regardless of potential historical problems, but anyway...)

America should also be a capitalist freedom loving society, so maybe it could have some natural synergies with commerce and freedom, with a bit of a military side focus. Maybe even let it play with an aggressive freedom style?

UA discussion proposal:
units cost 10% less gold during golden ages.
+5 influence for gifting units to city states.
Increased ideological pressure (+1 pressure point) on every civ that it is influencing.

This can be balanced obviously, but this is supposed to make America a huge pain or a huge ally if you let it survive until the modern era, but in an indirect way. This synergizes with a lot of freedom policies, and puts America in an ideological domination position if you play it that way (to represent the cold war). It also is supposed to give an incentive for America to be in a dominant ideological position even if you don't go the entire way for the cultural victory. I have no idea how I'd pair this with UUs or UBs, but I'd be open to suggestions.
stay in rules from OP..

Solidarity
CKN
Burial Tomb

Super flexible civ that can do pretty much anything it wants.

The CKN paired with Keshik is actually sort of pointless. There's no way they could catch up, and the battle would be over by the time the Chu's got there. And the whole point of a keshik swarm is that nobody takes damage. The Chus would just become meat shields.

The best dominations imo would be:

UU: Keshik
UU: Khan
UU: Mandekalu Cavalry
Conquistadors have everything that a mandycav has, plus embarkation defense, extra sight, and city-founding.

As far as new ideas, you guys should know by now that in this game, having all your eggs in the same basket is the way to go:

UU: minutemen
UU: Janissary
UU: musketeers

The minutesarryteer has a base strength 1/6 higher than normal, attacks 25% stronger, heals 50 HP when defeating enemies (i.e. every attack), starts with drill I and ignores terrain.

Others:
-probably already mentioned, but love to see achaemenid legacy and carnival together.
-also probably mentioned and missed it, spice islanders and wayfinding
-with all the bashing of liberty/wide empires, how about burial tombs/Satrap's Court/ and Celidh Halls? Hey, I civ you can actually play wide with!

Ah, sorry, I was responding to OnceAKing's request for a redesign of America there, not the OP.

I've thought a fitting America would be Poland's ability plus increasing the effect of political treatises. Sort of representing America's ability to reinvent itself through the ages combined with their love of political treatises (this one's kind of literal) through things like the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.

But this might be a better topic for its own thread.

I would like to call this: Naval Rape
UA: Sun Never Sets
UU: Ship of the Line
UU: Sea Beggar

Name: DiploDip
UA: Hellenic League
UA: Nobel Prize
UA: Siberian Riches(build Diplo enhancing wonders faster)

This probably shouldn't be allowed, but since Magma_Dragoon did it... :lol:

Father Governs Children
Father Governs Children
Father Governs Children

Might result in quite a bit of food, culture, and faith.

Hellenic League
Hellenic League
Hellenic League

Or stay allied to a CS for the whole game with one gold gift.

Seven Cities of Gold
Seven Cities of Gold
Seven Cities of Gold

:mischief:

Manifest Destiny
Manifest Destiny
Manifest Destiny

+3 extra sight and 150% discount ftw

Monument Builders
Siberian Riches
Coffee House

Yep. Wonder hogger.