Revolutionary wave caused by ideology? AI lost an entire city? COOL.

Tachii

Procrastinator
Wow. Just wow. I was playing Casimir Culture Victory on Immortal. This was the first Immortal game I've played since BNW. It utterly surprised me.

Shaka was a warmonger as usual conquering completely that Shos guy and Bismarck.
Since I chose Freedom and he chose Autocracy, at one point the public opinion (was around -100) was so low he had about -60 unhappiness overall. Then Civ5 BNW gave me the option to raze or puppet his LARGEST CITY (non-capital), I was like, holycrap, really?!?! I was so lost I didn't even know what exactly happened.

Puppeting or razing this city gave me the option to take his great works too, which included 2 artifacts and and a music piece. So all in all, by doing practically nothing but be a tourism hog, I managed to take a 19pop city with nothing.

I love this new modern game scene.

PS: I later gave this city back for all his luxuries and guess what? The revolutionary wave happened AGAIN and I got the city again. He was of course, being an AI, put two more artifacts in and I managed to take more. By that point, I already have too much artifacts for my museums, and won the game like a few turns afterward.

Expect Shaka to flip to Freedom? Maybe the AI need to be tweeked for this reason, lol. I gave that city back to see what would happen, he lost it again, LOL. I think it might partially be due to the fact he's currently at war as well.

Cuz this Shaka was bent on his autocratic regime. I'm sure he would've nuked the hell out of it when our DoF is over though, lol.

Yeah happened to me as well. I was fighting Morocco, and it offered me a peace deal for three cities. I was choosing puppet or annex. Next time i looked at the map I owned Helsinki slap bang in the middle of the other continent. I thought Morocco had captured it for a while before I worked it out

I'm yet to see this happen in my games. When I played as Brazil, I manage to cause 2 Revolutionary Waves, but both of them simply changed to Freedom. I really wanted an extra city :(

Impressive. You were wise to take what you could and trade it back. Well, maybe I would have sold some buildings but even still. Well done :D

I've watched this happen to Carthage, the one Order holdout civ in a twelve-player game. I was playing Indonesia and everyone else I had flipped to Freedom because my tourism output was in the 200's, and the next closest players was only around 37.

Now, what I found damned irksome was that out of five flipped cities, none ever went to me, the guy generating the vast majority the tourism.

What are the various discontent thresholds leading up to a revolutionary wave?
(EDIT: it just happened to me last night, my warmongerish ways as Sweden stole all the great works from Egypt and eventually caused Porto to flip.)

Top Bottom